My test results

[Be...]

Finally I did some tests for my hormones and nutrient levels....

Nutrients

Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D3.Vitamin B12....Tests

Hormones.

TSH and cortisol.. Testosterone.......

Insulin sensitivity

C-Peptide...Tests

I am yet to receive the results for the C-Peptide but all the other tests are in the normal range....

I will share the actual levels of each below if that is permitted for some discussions...

CORTISOL SERUM-13.10ug/dl. Normal range-3.7-19.4

TESTOSTERONE :22.84nmol/l Normal range-9-34.72 nmol/l

TSH-1.400 Normal range-0.4-4.2

MAGNESIUM:0.75mmol/L Normal range-0.66-1.07

CALCIUM: 2.31mmol)L Normal range-2.15-2.55

VITAMIN D3: 33.900ng/ml Normal range 30-100

Vitamin B12: 423pg/ml Normal range 200-1100

Magnesium blood tests are a bit tricky, serum magnesium alone can be misleading. According to the paper linked below the magnesium/calcium quotient and the magnesium RBC test is more accurate.

By my math (good chance im wrong btw ) your magnesium/calcium quotient is 0.32, which according to this paper is 'too low'.

Emerging evidence suggests that the serum magnesium/calcium quotient (0.4 is optimal, 0.36–0.28 too low) is a more practical and sensitive indicator of magnesium status and/or turnover, than the serum magnesium level alone [19]. In chronic latent magnesium deficiency, magnesium levels in the blood are within a normal range, despite there being severely depleted magnesium content in the tissues and bones. Therefore, using magnesium levels in the blood to determine total magnesium levels in the body can result in underestimation of magnesium deficiency in healthy and diseased populations. Recent studies have shown that individuals with serum magnesium levels around 1.82 mg/dL (0.75 mmol/L) are most likely to have a magnesium deficiency, while those with serum magnesium level more than 2.07 mg/dL (0.85 mmol/L) are most likely to have adequate levels [20,21]. Of relevance, individuals with serum magnesium levels between the 0.75 to 0.85 mmol/L should be tested with additional measurements to confirm body magnesium status.

In humans, red blood cell (RBC) magnesium levels often provide a better reflection of body magnesium status than blood magnesium levels. When the magnesium concentration in the blood is low, magnesium is pulled out from the cells to maintain blood magnesium levels within normal range. Therefore, in case of magnesium deficiency, a blood test of magnesium might show normal levels, while an RBC magnesium test would provide a more accurate reflection of magnesium status of the body. For exact estimation of RBC magnesium level, individuals are advised not to consume vitamins, or mineral supplements for at least one week before collection of RBC samples. A normal RBC magnesium level ranges between 4.2 and 6.8 mg/dL. However, some experts recommend aiming for a minimum level of 6.0 mg/dL on the RBC test. While not commonly available, some places use the Non-invasive Intracellular Mineral-Electrolyte Analysis (EXA) test to determine tissue levels of magnesium. Some laboratories prefer to use a hair mineral analysis test, which not only reveals mineral deficiencies but heavy metal toxicity. Such tests provide information on the individual mineral levels and their ratio to other minerals in the tissue. Additionally, the composition of minerals deposited in the hair could be reflective of overall body chemistry and health status.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6316205/#

Congrats on getting blood work done. There is too much guess work being done on this form when there are tests of varying accuracy that can lead the way.

Magnesium blood tests are a bit tricky, serum magnesium alone can be misleading. According to the paper linked below the magnesium/calcium quotient and the magnesium RBC test is more accurate.

By my math (good chance im wrong btw ) your magnesium/calcium quotient is 0.32, which according to this paper is 'too low'.

Emerging evidence suggests that the serum magnesium/calcium quotient (0.4 is optimal, 0.36–0.28 too low) is a more practical and sensitive indicator of magnesium status and/or turnover, than the serum magnesium level alone [19]. In chronic latent magnesium deficiency, magnesium levels in the blood are within a normal range, despite there being severely depleted magnesium content in the tissues and bones. Therefore, using magnesium levels in the blood to determine total magnesium levels in the body can result in underestimation of magnesium deficiency in healthy and diseased populations. Recent studies have shown that individuals with serum magnesium levels around 1.82 mg/dL (0.75 mmol/L) are most likely to have a magnesium deficiency, while those with serum magnesium level more than 2.07 mg/dL (0.85 mmol/L) are most likely to have adequate levels [20,21]. Of relevance, individuals with serum magnesium levels between the 0.75 to 0.85 mmol/L should be tested with additional measurements to confirm body magnesium status.

In humans, red blood cell (RBC) magnesium levels often provide a better reflection of body magnesium status than blood magnesium levels. When the magnesium concentration in the blood is low, magnesium is pulled out from the cells to maintain blood magnesium levels within normal range. Therefore, in case of magnesium deficiency, a blood test of magnesium might show normal levels, while an RBC magnesium test would provide a more accurate reflection of magnesium status of the body. For exact estimation of RBC magnesium level, individuals are advised not to consume vitamins, or mineral supplements for at least one week before collection of RBC samples. A normal RBC magnesium level ranges between 4.2 and 6.8 mg/dL. However, some experts recommend aiming for a minimum level of 6.0 mg/dL on the RBC test. While not commonly available, some places use the Non-invasive Intracellular Mineral-Electrolyte Analysis (EXA) test to determine tissue levels of magnesium. Some laboratories prefer to use a hair mineral analysis test, which not only reveals mineral deficiencies but heavy metal toxicity. Such tests provide information on the individual mineral levels and their ratio to other minerals in the tissue. Additionally, the composition of minerals deposited in the hair could be reflective of overall body chemistry and health status.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6316205/#

Congrats on getting blood work done. There is too much guess work being done on this form when there are tests of varying accuracy that can lead the way.

I will ask my doctor about it...And see what he says.

Did you have an ANA blood test done?  I did when I went to see a Neurologist during tolerance w/d and it was positive.  Then diagnosed with Lupus.

Did you have an ANA blood test done?  I did when I went to see a Neurologist during tolerance w/d and it was positive.  Then diagnosed with Lupus.

I don't have symptoms of lupus so didn't think it was necessary...I just did those to rule out other things...

ANA screens for a bunch of different autoimmune disorders.  There are different types of Lupus.  I have the kind that affects my blood.

• 1 month later...

CORTISOL SERUM-13.10ug/dl. Normal range-3.7-19.4

TESTOSTERONE :22.84nmol/l Normal range-9-34.72 nmol/l

TSH-1.400 Normal range-0.4-4.2

MAGNESIUM:0.75mmol/L Normal range-0.66-1.07

CALCIUM: 2.31mmol)L Normal range-2.15-2.55

VITAMIN D3: 33.900ng/ml Normal range 30-100

Vitamin B12: 423pg/ml Normal range 200-1100

Your vitamin D and B12 could do with some support as they are both low.

Good to see you're "normal"... ;)

Ok but seriously I agree with two things: mag cesium and calcium is more about the ratio of each to the other than the numbers necessarily. I'll be checking mine soon.

two...you could up your D and B12..those make a huge diff for me.

good luck Bex!!