Overwhelmed. Need help with how to microdose or dry taper

[wi...]

Hi folks,

I'm on 2mgs of alprazolam, 1mg in AM, 1mg bedtime.  I have interdose withdrawal for a few hours before my next dose.

Is it okay to direct taper when you have interdose w/d? I have no idea how to dissolve a 2mg tablet to begin a tapering schedule. Ashton manual has tapering from 6mg.. of Xanax with diazepam only.  Is there a conversion tool tool that will convert 2mgs. Xanax into dry taper quantites and/or liquid quantities and instructions? If I choose the valium switchover from alprazolam, how the heck do I concoct liquid taper or a dry taper.  I am so confused, and having benzo brain has dumbed down my cognitive capabilities (mathematics!), that I feel hopeless that I will ever figure out percentages that I see on this board like for example .0125 and numbers like that.

Hi  Imnot crazy,

I am sorry you are having problems and interdose withdrawal.  I have to take 4 doses a day because otherwise I will have interdose withdrawal too.  You might want to consider doing 4 doses a day.  You could take .5 mg 4 x a day.  Or however you want to split the doses.  That is just a suggestion so you can hopefully stop the interdose withdrawals.

Not everyone can cross over to valium.  You can do a direct taper of xanax, there are many of us that are doing that.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=74309.2860

There are several ways you can taper and I would look at the taper plans and decide what you think will work best for you.

The following is a link that can help you.

you really need to prepare before tapering. Go through the information on tapering, then seek guidance from the support group.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.0

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

I hope this helps.

[9f...]
How are you doing? You are not crazy! Withdraw is! You are not here cuz you are weak. You’re here cuz you are strong n courageous! I promise that for sure. This might b the toughest thing u ever do. It was for me n I’m 60!  Hugs n I’ll b 🙏 for you

You can easily dry cut your Xanax until you get to the super low doses, most of our members do this and Julia has given you some great suggestions about how to get rid of your interdose withdrawal.  I'd start with that before tapering for the time being because your body will need to get used to the new dosing schedule before you begin. 

Try not to worry about the steps that are far away and concentrate on the now which is dosing more often to help you feel better, you got this!  :thumbsup: