i have severe depression what got you out of this black hole

[ra...]

even before benzos i had anxiety and depression so i cannot blame it only on benzos. day in and out im so depressed and anxious. im trapped in my head all day with these depressing scary thoughts that make you feel awful to say the least. i have no job i cannot bring myself to work. infact i dont even care about working. to anxious and uncomfortable to be around friends ive really withdrawn over the years. ive lost interest in all hobbies. ive tried ssris but no luck....ive tried a bunch of suppliments from 5htp to tyrosine to omega 3 and vitamins d, you name it but no luck.....i cant think straight, im forgetful and im in a deep hole here and im only in my 30s..... please can someone tell me there story what actually worked for there depression and mood? weather it was abilify, or TMS, or upping testosterone or prozac etc i appreciate any responsse

• 4 weeks later...
Happened to spot your post, I don't normally go to the anxiety section. That sounds tremendously difficult to endure. I know something about that, having had lifelong depression. I've had anxiety too but to a lesser extent to depression, until now going through the benzo ordeal. I take Effexor XR, what I was given in a critical state in 2010. The only thing ever been effective. It's not 100%, but it does turn my world from black to gray. Which is quite significant. I'm so sorry you're still young and going through it, unable to realistically function. Not sure what depression originates but by now, it's hard wired in my brain. Then Benzos exacerbated both anxiety and depression. Has been 5 years 5 years and in withdrawals and only getting worse. One thing I would say that may help that actually is made a difference ever since my young adult life. I was reading something that seemed to slip on the light switch that there seem to be an entirely baseless guilt component in my depression. As bad as it's been I believe that one idea has spared me from really falling. I'd had a number of losses just in the last couple of decades including my family and then my last two cats in 2015. That's when I began the 30 day rapid detox. I'm in my 60's now and I look forward to and end do it all at last, but for you, I truly hope you can get the help you need. Wish I could do or say something more to help.