Concerned about Gabapentin

[Di...]

I have been daily micro tapering .001 mg of Klonopin daily for the last 4 months. I had a stash of Gabapentin and have used it on days instead of a rescue dose of Klonopin with good success. I usually use Gabapentin to stop symtoms and then hold. Recently I've been nearing the end of my Taper and have been using Gabapentin every other day. What is my withdrawal risk with Gabapentin. I'm barely functional the last few days and have used it for sleep. I've never gone more than 3 days in a row, but I'm unsure if I'm having just benzo withdrawal or Gabapentin withdrawals too.

I have been daily micro tapering .001 mg of Klonopin daily for the last 4 months. I had a stash of Gabapentin and have used it on days instead of a rescue dose of Klonopin with good success. I usually use Gabapentin to stop symtoms and then hold. Recently I've been nearing the end of my Taper and have been using Gabapentin every other day. What is my withdrawal risk with Gabapentin. I'm barely functional the last few days and have used it for sleep. I've never gone more than 3 days in a row, but I'm unsure if I'm having just benzo withdrawal or Gabapentin withdrawals too.

I know gabapentin is addictive.

I was addicted to the stronger version pregabalin and successfully slowly weaned off it.

I found the site survivingantidepressants.org to be very helpful, they deal with coming off all psych drugs.

I am not saying you are addicted to gabapentin, I used pregabalin for a long time in huge doses.

Best of luck.

I'm pretty terrified as I was 95% done with my K taper and now that I held K and tried to stop Gabapentin, I'm having great worst withdrawals I've had yet. I can't tell the difference between masked withdrawals and Gabapenwith withdrawals. I never took the pills more than 3 nights in a row. I literally don't know what to do next. I can't seem to cut K anymore, and I'm in the worst state I've been in yet. Should I continue to hold and avoid the Gabapentin? Is 200mgs at 30 staggered days enough to create full blown dependence? I have to work again soon. I have become completely non-function. How to stabilize?

I don't want to start a 10% taper on a new drug that I barely used. That would double my taper. If I have depdence, can it really be that deep? Is there a way to test? Previously I could go 5 days without Gabapentin at all just 2 weeks ago. I'm terrified as these symptoms are worse than I've had yet. I cannot tell if it's masked K or Gabeoentin. Would updosing tell me? Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

I know gabapentin is addictive.

I was addicted to the stronger version pregabalin and successfully slowly weaned off it.

I found the site survivingantidepressants.org to be very helpful, they deal with coming off all psych drugs.

I am not saying you are addicted to gabapentin, I used pregabalin for a long time in huge doses.

Best of luck.

For me gabapentin withdrawal symptoms are identical to benzodiazepine withdrawal. I am having a very difficult trying to stabilize on it after doing more than my daily dose for 10 days.  I have been on it for 8 years. Waa initially started on it for benzodiazepine withdrawal. Back then it worked.

• 10 months later...
This happened to me after 45 days of 300mg 3x a day. Worst withdrawals of my life. Worse than 6mg klonopin and 2mg Xanax a day. Fire ants, akathisia, insomnia. I was never told a cold turkey of the drug had withdrawal, but i guess that's what i get.  I slept for 45 minutes a day for almost a week. then 2-3 hours a couple days, i think i finally got 6 hours after like 10 days because i couldn't stabilize after i got more in the ER.

When I did my Rapid Detox with Flumazenil the clinic gave me Gabapentin to ease the anxiety. After the detox I had to withdraw from Gabapentin first and it was brutal but only lasted 4-5 days. Then the Benzo withdrawal started and it's been very tough but I think that's die the fact that I did  a Rapid Detox. You're probably going to have an easier time as I see you have tapered way down. GO SLOW is the best way.