• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sh...]

• [He...]

• [le...]

• [Be...]

I'm trying Mirtazapine, like Andros but at 15mg. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if you ever tried after jumping. Underdosed is mostly like an antihistamine with some properties like cortisol reduction.

I'm sorry you're struggling. Last night I got about 30 minutes but today, I went to the gym anyway. I haven't been in two years. I'm going to be so sore. I tried to take it easy.

I know you're hurting but you're still my hero.

I’m so proud of u HM x that’s fantastic you went to gym x good girl giving it the finger  :thumbsup:

I went for a long walk thru tears and I’m about to go for another one xx

At the very least, it’s a good distraction isn’t it xx

Yup,

I was right where you are now.  I hated my bed and bedroom.  I hated night time. 

Today, I love my bed, my bedroom and I sleep very well.  Not rubbing it in, but trying to give you hope that sleep returns!

Shayna,

Have you tried the sleep restriction?

I haven't been able to stick to it bc I'm always so exhausted that even just laying in bed helps me a bit but I read about it a lot and it is recommended by a lot of sleep experts.

I know that the withdrawal insomnia is more physiological but maybe the sleep restriction is worth trying?

Im wishing you the best!

Yup,

I was right where you are now.  I hated my bed and bedroom.  I hated night time. 

Today, I love my bed, my bedroom and I sleep very well.  Not rubbing it in, but trying to give you hope that sleep returns!

It's so hard to believe you suffered like we do. I know you are telling the truth. It's just so hard to believe from this side of the fence. I can't wait to have normal, restful sleep again like I used to. Last night was better. Not sure what did it. Could just be brain healing and time but I am trying to duplicate it today in case it's something I did.

HM

Don’t be disappointed if it’s not. I could do exactly the same every day. No it doesn’t make any difference. I hope it’s different for u but if not, it’s not u, it’s the Benzos x

Shayna,

Have you tried the sleep restriction?

I haven't been able to stick to it bc I'm always so exhausted that even just laying in bed helps me a bit but I read about it a lot and it is recommended by a lot of sleep experts.

I know that the withdrawal insomnia is more physiological but maybe the sleep restriction is worth trying?

Im wishing you the best!

Sorry to rain on your sleep advice, but Sleep restriction will absolutely not work during Benzo WD induced insomnia!

Sleep restriction works for most for regular old garden variety insomnia....

I know you mean well and I'm not trying to "school" you....

Nothing short of an Rx drug (and even those don't always work) will touch Benzo induced insomnia, not sleep hygiene, nothing

Good luck!

Yup,

It's so hard to believe you suffered like we do. I know you are telling the truth. It's just so hard to believe from this side of the fence. I can't wait to have normal, restful sleep again like I used to. Last night was better. Not sure what did it. Could just be brain healing and time but I am trying to duplicate it today in case it's something I did.

HM

I used to think the same thing regarding sleep.  I thought it would never come back but it did...it just took more time than I wanted it to.

I joined this forum under the name ThEwAy but I had that account deleted in an effort to stay off this site to see if that would help me heal.

The posts from that account are still here but they are under "guest."  If you search for ThEwAy you'll find them back from mid August 2016 through April or so of 2017.

Most of the time nothing happens. I go into the void as I call it and then I’m just awake. It’s devastating. My TSH was 1.40. Range is 0.40-3.80

I'm praying right now for you that you will get some sleep.  God, In Jesus' name, give Shayna restful nights' sleep.

Thanku becks that’s very sweet  :smitten:

I know that occasionally, you get a full nights sleep with the help of supplements and I never get more than 2 or 3 hours, however, the last 3 nights I have gotten 5+ hours and last night, I may have gotten as much as 7. I'm not sure. The only things that have changed are that I went back to the gym and I have been using the Fisher-Wallace brain stimulator twice a day. I'm NOT about to count chickens as I know i can be back at zero like 'that'! I just find it fascinating how a brain can go from 7 hours to zero and back.

I'm grateful for the recent sleep but scared because I know it comes and goes.

HM