Insomnia on tempazepam

[Do...]

I took 1/2a temazapam and it only put me to sleep for 4 hours.  It's 1120 and I am tired from sleep deprivation, but wide awake.

I frequently only sleep 3 to 4 hours unless I take another half a pill when I wake up.

Update.  I took another half a pill because I didn't want to stay up all night, but I think it won't work because I drank some coffee.  Often when I wake up at night I drink coffee because I can't go back to sleep.  I used to text two people this late when I couldn't sleep, but they both got nasty and cut me off.

Are you trying to wean off the tempazepam? Sorry about your sleep. I suffer from insomnia too. It seems to be getting gradually better, although not linear. What is your taper plan? if any.

Hi I went to sleep last night after 2 hours until 530, but I was still tired.  The same thing happened tonight I went to sleep on half a pill at 7 and woke up at 11.  I have to stay up all night as I only have an extra pill and a half left plus my one pill a day.  I was upset yesterday and took to much.  I have to wean to one a day because that's all I have left.  I want to quit after I run out of pills the end of the month.  Thanks.  I am just upset because 3 friends and my sister cut me off because I kept having to many problems since may 2020.

Benzos are never a permanent solution or cure for any medical condition including sleep.  They are a band-aid at best and should not be taken for more than 2 - 4 weeks max for any condition or issue.

It sounds like you reached tolerance....that's where the drug doesn't do what you want it to at the current dose....put you to sleep.

I would highly recommend tapering off as soon as possible following the Ashton model when making cuts

Quitting after your pills run out is a CT.  Those are not recommended, but sometimes it's the only way to get off of a Benzo?

Good luck.

Thanks, I had to take a half a pill at three because I was awake from 11 to 3.  I have more refills.  I want to taper to one a day, half a day, quarter a day and then none, but I don't have self control since last year.

Maybe ct is the only option for u. If u can’t trust urself to taper and not take extra. Sorry but to get off u have to get used to the idea u won’t sleep well for a while.

Maybe ct is the only option for u. If u can’t trust urself to taper and not take extra. Sorry but to get off u have to get used to the idea u won’t sleep well for a while.

Sadly for some of us this is the only way we can be free but hopefully it can be done safely, I had a prescription for phenobarbital to aid my cold turkey.

Thanks my whole life has revolved around the pills since I started in 2017 with insomnia and panic attacks from the pills.

I took half a pill, but I don't remember if it was split already.  It's not working after an hour and I still can't sleep.  I am going to take another half a pill.

Thanks my whole life has revolved around the pills since I started in 2017 with insomnia and panic attacks from the pills.

Its a viscous cycle that is very difficult to break free of, I hope you can find the strength to do this, we know how difficult it is.

Restoril half life is only about 2-4 hours which is why you keep waking up.  Maybe get Valium.  Restoril is the nastiest benzo I ever took.  Once it wore off, then I'd be in interdose w/d.

[5d...]

I tried taking 1/2 a pill or 15 mg to go to sleep, but it is not working.  I have insomnia.

Bummer. It will come back. It’s whether u can function in little sleep. Message 68lespaul. I sent him ur info as well. He was in ur position alone n his mom died. He will chat w you. He said to message him. He’s awake.

[5d...]

Update.  I took another half a pill because I didn't want to stay up all night, but I think it won't work because I drank some coffee.  Often when I wake up at night I drink coffee because I can't go back to sleep.  I used to text two people this late when I couldn't sleep, but they both got nasty and cut me off.

Message 68lespaul. He’s awake. He’ll listen.  I sent you a PM.

[5d...]

I have to go cold turkey as I have only a few left.  I have insomnia and can't sleep.

I’m so sorry Dom. I’m 🙏 for ur comfort.