8 months free

[ic...]

Hi there!

It's been a long time since I've been here, but wanted to pop in and let you know that 8 months off and it's still all good.  :yippee: While I'll never forget the hell of going through w/d, it is becoming less and less a part of me. I have a few memories of the worst times, but all in all I don't even give it a thought anymore. This is my hope for all of you in recovery!

Life is great post benzo (life was good PRE-benzo come to think of it ;).

Hang in there and though I'm not here anymore, I think of you all and pray for your success.

Best,

icandothis

So happy you popped in for an update!! CONGRATS!!! I know you don't know me...but just wanted to tell you i saw you on the benzo free celebration's  board when i first joined this site! and your story Is one of them I forever hang on to!! I am so happy for you and your success!!

Thank you sooo much!!

:smitten:

Ashley

Thank you Icandothis for stopping by and giving us renewed hope in the future.  I am so glad that your life is good now and may it continue this way forever.  We need these kinds of stories here on BB - I know I do - they are so very helpful and hopeful to me.  Thank You!

Hoping2BFree

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you icandothis,

I truly appreciate your coming back to share how good life is after the healing comes!

May 2011 be a wonderful year for you!

Lily,

:)

Thank you everyone - it means so much to me that you all take the time to reply.

I wish I could take it all away for those still suffering through this process. I've tried to explain what happens to a few people (including my general practiciner) and they all look at me like I'm nuts - its like those in w/d are all in our own secret world. Not a club I hope to ever be in again, but one I am so incredible grateful to have found and become a part of.

Stay strong everyone - and remember each day that passes is another day closer to happiness.

icandothis