Has anyone dealing with chronic anxiety that gotten the vaccine has more anxiety

[Ma...]

Hello everyone,

It's been 1 week after taking my 1st shot.. Before taking it I was having trouble dealing with getting the shot and now about getting my 2nd shot in 2 weeks. Because in my belief and in my mind I was not going put any kind of pills or shots, anything to do with big pharma into my body any more prior to covid 19 Since I jumped from benzo. Because in the long term benzo was making me worst.. My anxiety is so ramped up now, that I never experienced my usual symptoms from anxiety and benzo wd to be this bad to the point where I'm getting depressed again. I haven't been depressed in awhile. I guess what I feel within my self that I went against my beliefs but at the same time I don't want to be catching the full effects of the covid 19 for real & end up in the hospital on ventilation. Why do I feel that when I get my 2nd shot. We still can get this covid. It's so conflicting in my mind right now. The main reason I got it because my job mandated to get it and I don't want to lose my job. It's pretty f****d. I'm trying find peace within my self to accept doing all this.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I understand how anxiety-provoking this whole vaccine thing is. I have gotten both shots and I had a little inflammation flare (maybe) with the second shot. I have chronic anxiety that has gotten worse but it is because of life circumstances and ambien tolerance etc. It just coincided with the second shot.  I was actually surprised how little of a reaction I got from it.

For me, the potential long-term consequences of getting the virus outweighed all the fear and misgivings I have about the vaccine.  I hope that puts your mind at ease a little.

<3 L

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, I got my 2nd covid shot last day of Aug. I'm trying to move forward. My stress and anxiety about going against my beliefs had lessen. Its more of accepting and surrendering to my decision I made at the time. Now I'm focusing on my NOW. Let go the past and don't think of any future. I'm trying to not focus on my pain and suffering. Only my NOW is what IS.