Jumping off Xanax at .5mg..?...

[ci...]

Yes, I am thinking about doing that...I have been on .5mg of Xanax since February of this year...feel pretty good..I would love to hear from at least ONE person who has jumped at this level (or higher?) and been successful in doing it..Been on Xanax  since mid-2018...successful tapering since 3/20 (COVID-time)..

I would love to hear from at least ONE person who has jumped from this level and SURVIVED...:)..

I am also on 2.5 mg of Lexapro...will be upping it to 5 mg here soon..

Am I nuts for wanting to get off of this stuff....once and for all..????..argh!!

Happy Saturday evening and Sunday folks!!

cinnabar

Nice work tapering slow at .125mg a month through a stressful time like Covid, slow and steady wins the race.

I wouldn’t jump at .125  no way. Suggested is .025 for K. If you look at peoples signatures a lot have problems at .125 so I would stay the course, don’t get impatient your so close! If you jumped you would survive, but your s/x would go through the roof. Just slide off gently and you’ll never regret it. Godspeed.

You could always jump if you feel brave enough to do so. However, it is generally recommended to jump from a lower amount.

If you are feeling really good, you could do what I did i.e. take big cuts, get lower, and see how you feel. See my signature.

I started to feel really good as I got lower, so I started taking bigger cuts, and still felt good. I listened to my body as a guide, and just kept going forward.

Hi

I tapered off Xanax a several years ago but was never really "well" after that so I went on Xanax as needed about a year and a half ago.  I took .5 to 1mg about 2-3 times a week. About three weeks ago I just stopped taking it since I wasn't even taking it every day, and it has been really hard. 

I have been getting these waves of terror and anxiety and whole body shivers. I would really advise tapering.  I would taper to 0.375 for 2-3 weeks, then .25 for 2-3 weeks then .125 for 2-3 weeks. You will avoid possible pain and agony.

I wish you the best either way.

BL

So I’ll post a short version of my experience and feel free to ask questions. I was on Xanax for a little over five years. When I ct it I was taking 8 mg a day on an average day. Some days more as I was abusing it. I have now been off for just over six months. I have always been a person of strong will, but this took a level of determination like never before. So yes you can do it. Feel free to ask me any questions. First 30 days was the worst during the acute phase. Punctuated by weight loss and voices and enduring my wife leaving me. Yet I still got through the worst of it.

I'm at 0.19 (kinda wavering between that and .1875) and some days I'm tempted to jump out of frustration.

Most days I just feel hot, fast pulse, vague anxiety, and ~3 hours of sleep (dosing all at night).

It should be tapered lower, I know, but is it a possible jump point without reeling too hard?

I'm at 0.19 (kinda wavering between that and .1875) and some days I'm tempted to jump out of frustration.

Most days I just feel hot, fast pulse, vague anxiety, and ~3 hours of sleep (dosing all at night).

It should be tapered lower, I know, but is it a possible jump point without reeling too hard?

That’s a lot of hard work to jump to quick and be in acute w/d for heaven only knows how long.

That’s a lot of hard work to jump to quick and be in acute w/d for heaven only knows how long.

Yeah, I suppose it's too much. I just wish the 0.025 safer jump was closer. Feels disheartening to be so far away still.

Yeah, I suppose it's too much. I just wish the 0.025 safer jump was closer. Feels disheartening to be so far away still.

Do you plan on Tapering the other meds after Xanax?

Gabapentin is the only one. I need the Keppra because of childhood seizures completely unrelated to benzos. Paxil I'm not gonna touch either. At least not yet.

Gabapentin is the only one. I need the Keppra because of childhood seizures completely unrelated to benzos. Paxil I'm not gonna touch either. At least not yet.

You should watch this video about Benzo w/d and the Keto diet, he talks about going on this diet as a child for seizures and how it cured him. It’s worth some research at least. Godspeed to you on your journey to being med free.