Tempazapam withdrawal

[Do...]

I woke up this morning feeling alone.  I felt the adrenalin rushing from being alone.  Someone said I have tempazapam withdrawal anxiety in the morning after the temapazepam wears off.  I took a half a pill, but it didn't do any good.  I can't handle being alone and having Noone to talk to unless I am at my brother's since my mom died.  I wanted to quit after being off tempazapam for 2 days, but the anxiety withdrawal and insomnia was too severe.  I want to quit it as it has given me severe anxiety since I been on it and affected my skin

Causing puffy eyes and wrinkles.  Can anyone recommend a way to get off it?

Before considering a taper I would suggest getting on a steady daily dose, the lowest one you can handle but still feel stable.  Stable doesn't mean feeling good, it means being able to function, to do your daily tasks.

After you get on a stable dose then we can talk on the taper board about beginning a taper.  :)

Thanks, I think one pill a day-30 mg would be the lowest dose as I have been taking 1.5 to two a day.  I noticed I have less a less anxiety if I take only 1/2 a pill a day or 15 mg or 1 pill.

So one pill is 30 mg and you feel that will be your starting dose?  How often do you dose, do you feel splitting that in two might help you feel more stable?

Well I noticed I feel better after I quit for a few days and start up again and only take one 30 mg pill.  I cut it in half and take 15mg in the morning for anxiety and 15mg tp go to sleep.  Thanks.  If I start taking 1.5 or two a day is when I get more withdrawal anxiety.

I went one day and one night with no pill.  Then, I took 1.5 pills for two days.  Yesterday I took only one and woke up at midnight and have withdrawal anxiety this morning.  I want to take a half a pill.

We recommend taking your medication daily to keep your blood serum at a consistent level, you're creating undo stress on your brain by dosing inconsistently.  Please find a dose you're stable on and take that each day for about a week, then if you'd like to begin a taper, we'll help you figure one out.

I tried taking a half a pill this morning, but still having anxiety so I took another half a pill.  I have some stressful events today to do where I needed more pills.  I think it is withdrawal anxiety from last night's dose.

Once we become dependent on the drug it can create the anxiety we're seeking to avoid, and its worse than our normal anxiety.  This is when members try to find alternate methods to combat anxiety, rather than reaching for the pill.  I know it's difficult but the only way out of this is through and its not easy.

I only took a half a pill this morning and felt anxiety all morning.  I am out of extra pills so I can't take more than one a day now.

Maybe this is a good thing, getting on a consistent dose is what we're hoping you can do in order to stabilize then begin a taper. 

I tried taking half a pill at 3am to go back  to sleep as I was awake from 12 to three and for anxiety, but it didn't work for my anxiety when I woke up and I had to take another half for anxiety.  A half a pill only puts me to sleep for 3 or 4 hours then I have to wait until 3 or 4 to take it for anxiety and sleep then it doesn't work for anxiety when I take at 3 or 4am as it puts me to sleep.  That's why I kept taking 1.5 a day and running out. I don't know what to do.

You need a longer-acting benzo like Valium.  Restoril is short-acting which is why you keep waking up.  You also might be in tolerance w/d from it, which is why it might not be working anymore.

[7b...]

I woke up this morning feeling alone.  I felt the adrenalin rushing from being alone.  Someone said I have tempazapam withdrawal anxiety in the morning after the temapazepam wears off.  I took a half a pill, but it didn't do any good.  I can't handle being alone and having Noone to talk to unless I am at my brother's since my mom died.  I wanted to quit after being off tempazapam for 2 days, but the anxiety withdrawal and insomnia was too severe.  I want to quit it as it has given me severe anxiety since I been on it and affected my skin

Causing puffy eyes and wrinkles.  Can anyone recommend a way to get off it?

I am so sorry about your mom. Oh my dear you must be in awful pain. I understand, I was alone for my wd during the eve n night  I went to an IOP every day for 4 mo for a controlled taper . I did really well the first time. I had 2 x. I highly recommend a professional that gets benzo wd to slowly taper but controlled n according to your symptoms.  I totally get the detox rehab places that can make it worse. I shop. I don’t pick just anybody.

What you are describing is expected in wd. How many pills do you hv left if you don’t mind me asking Dom.

[7b...]

Thanks, I think one pill a day-30 mg would be the lowest dose as I have been taking 1.5 to two a day.  I noticed I have less a less anxiety if I take only 1/2 a pill a day or 15 mg or 1 pill.

That is a great symptom to take note of. Cuz you can actually do it whichever way controls your symptoms the best.  It can be the pill causing the symptoms n not the lack of. You can also taper by your symptoms. I skipped doses. I felt I did better without.  You can verify w a pharmacist but you can also wean by skipping days. They first start every other, then every 2. With a longer acting benzo shipping days is perfectly acceptable. Once I get low enough then I start skipping a dose or an entire day.  It’s whichever way you tolerate the best.

That’s the goal is to stop taking it w the least amount of pain as possible.

I found a buddy for you. A guy I sat w for a while that will stick right with you. He also lost his mom. He’s young 30’s. He’s just been thru this n is now working.  He did not want drs or meds. He understands sleeping n being alone doing this.  He’ll message you.

[7b...]

There is plenty of information on this forum about how to taper off Xanax and other benzo's.

I was just wondering… do you know what the success rate is using the forum to successfully taper from a benzo. Do you personally see ppl come off n continue to rehab themselves here? 

I couldn't reduce my dose to one pill.  Now, I have only have a half a pill a day to take until next Friday.  I am afraid of going through withdrawal as I have none to take in the morning.  I am going to call a doctor and see if they can subpstitute something to get off the tempazapam today.  I am having anxiety and exhausted because I woke up at 430 and have no extra pill to go back to sleep.

[7b...]

I couldn't reduce my dose to one pill.  Now, I have only have a half a pill a day to take until next Friday.  I am afraid of going through withdrawal as I have none to take in the morning.  I am going to call a doctor and see if they can subpstitute something to get off the tempazapam today.  I am having anxiety and exhausted because I woke up at 430 and have no extra pill to go back to sleep.

I’m so glad to hear you’re calling a dr. Dom.  I had a great Dr that specializes in benzo wd that saved me. I did a 4 mo Valium wean n went every day to IOP.  It was excellent care.  I still had symptoms but I had support that also taught me skills n helped my family situation. Support n Skills is what can help u get you thru a lot of this. Benzo wd is painful likened experiencing, that’s just the bottom line.  I am 🙏

• 3 weeks later...
I quit taking restoril for 14 days.  On Monday I took one for anxiety, but it quit working after quiting.  I tried a half a pill for two days and it didn't work for anxiety.  I have been take traz to sleep.  Today I feel sick like throwing up.  I think I should quit the restoril as it doesn't work any more for anxiety.  What could I take for anxiety with no withdrawal.