Am I doing right?

[Sc...]

I am in the middle of benzo withdrawal. When I get stable on 0.25 I have decided to start taper of AD paroxetine Cr 12.5.

At what rate should I taper it and what type of withdrawal symptoms shall I expect and how long?

Does anyone has any experience with paxil withdrawal?

If yes, please suggest how slow I should go with it?

Is there a reason you want to discontinue the Paxil?  My suggestion would be to wait until you're free of the Xanax and recovered because it will be difficult to remain stable on the .25 once you start withdrawing from another drug and you won't know what is causing what.

Is there a reason you want to discontinue the Paxil?  My suggestion would be to wait until you're free of the Xanax and recovered because it will be difficult to remain stable on the .25 once you start withdrawing from another drug and you won't know what is causing what.

It would be a long term process of withdrawal of benzo. So continuing AD that long could also be addictive. I'm scared that AD may cause similar withdrawal effects.

In my experience and from what I've read here an antidepressant and won't turn on you while you're taking it, they have been known to lose effectiveness but not cause the issues benzo's do while taking them.

I feel the risk you're taking by staying on the benzo outweighs the risk of staying on Paxil, of course, whatever you decide to do we'll support.  You might want to check out this forum for advice about Paxil. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/

In my experience and from what I've read here an antidepressant and won't turn on you while you're taking it, they have been known to lose effectiveness but not cause the issues benzo's do while taking them.

I feel the risk you're taking by staying on the benzo outweighs the risk of staying on Paxil, of course, whatever you decide to do we'll support.  You might want to check out this forum for advice about Paxil. https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/

Pamster mate, how has been your experience with AD? I'm taking paroxetine 12.5, I'm feeling hopeless that it will take more time to get off than benzos.

I was on Lexepro when I was recovering from my cold turkey, I'd gone on it to deal with a couple of deaths in my family.  I stopped cold turkey about 14 months after I quit Klonopin and didn't have any problems but I'm told it's best to taper an A/D.

I understand wanting to be off these drugs but it's important to be able to live your life while doing it, try not to be in such a hurry, you don't want to be disabled by going too quickly.