Help with liquid taper

[to...]

[8f...]

Hi!

Download the spreadsheet located at http://enchantedskies.net/Universal_Tapering_Guide2_tolnbltp.xlsm

Allow the macro to open when you open the file.  It's needed to re-draw the charts.  Read and initial the disclaimer if you wish to unlock the spreadsheet.  Then look around and see what's there.  Two main sheets - Daily Dosing and Sub-Dosing.

I set it so you would start at 0.45 mg (per day).  That's a slight up-dose from where you are, but I think it's a good idea for pill users to updose slightly when they switch over to liquid.  I set the first week's ratings at 0 so that the dose would hold. 

After that, the dose will decrease based on the ratings that you enter.  I entered a week's worth of 66's which gives a standard first-order Ashton-like taper at a rate of about 5% every 14 days.  Maybe try that for a week then decide if that's a good rate for you.  If you're feeling pretty decent, you can consider entering a 75 (instead of a 66) which will speed up the taper a small amount.  If you're feeling challenged, you can try entering a 50 which should slow down the taper just a bit.

You'll notice that I just entered a single number instead of 10 individual ratings.  You can enter a single number as long as you enter the value into the first column (currently labelled Pain*).  Or you can enter individual ratings (again, you must enter a value in the first column).  You can also change the name of any/all of the symptom categories to fit your needs.

The Sub-dosing sheet will give the actual liquid volume doses.  You can change the times to fit what you actually do.

A lot of the cells are locked so that you don't modify a required equation.  You can view the code if you're into that kind of thing, but you can't change it.

You'll undoubtedly have some questions, so ask away.

Hi,

Thank you so very much for doing this!  I am going to be looking at this shortly and will get back with you as I too am sure I will have questions.  I just appreciate you taking your time to help me and to do this spreadsheet calculation is invaluable.

Thank you again and I will be posting again with questions.

Julia

Hi, Julia.  I just noticed you have two taper planning threads.  Might I encourage you to check out input regarding preparation and storage of the alprazolam Intensol at:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=259115.msg3280833#msg3280833

Hi,

I checked this out and it is very helpful information.  I did asked you a question on the other thread!

Thanks,

Julia

Hi!

Download the spreadsheet located at http://enchantedskies.net/Universal_Tapering_Guide2_tolnbltp.xlsm

Allow the macro to open when you open the file.  It's needed to re-draw the charts.  Read and initial the disclaimer if you wish to unlock the spreadsheet.  Then look around and see what's there.  Two main sheets - Daily Dosing and Sub-Dosing.

I set it so you would start at 0.45 mg (per day).  That's a slight up-dose from where you are, but I think it's a good idea for pill users to updose slightly when they switch over to liquid.  I set the first week's ratings at 0 so that the dose would hold. 

After that, the dose will decrease based on the ratings that you enter.  I entered a week's worth of 66's which gives a standard first-order Ashton-like taper at a rate of about 5% every 14 days.  Maybe try that for a week then decide if that's a good rate for you.  If you're feeling pretty decent, you can consider entering a 75 (instead of a 66) which will speed up the taper a small amount.  If you're feeling challenged, you can try entering a 50 which should slow down the taper just a bit.

You'll notice that I just entered a single number instead of 10 individual ratings.  You can enter a single number as long as you enter the value into the first column (currently labelled Pain*).  Or you can enter individual ratings (again, you must enter a value in the first column).  You can also change the name of any/all of the symptom categories to fit your needs.

The Sub-dosing sheet will give the actual liquid volume doses.  You can change the times to fit what you actually do.

A lot of the cells are locked so that you don't modify a required equation.  You can view the code if you're into that kind of thing, but you can't change it.

You'll undoubtedly have some questions, so ask away.

Hello - I want to thank you again for doing this for me!!  I do have a couple questions, I had to change the date to start the liquid as I am waiting on the supplies so I need to change the start date and also wanted to change the liquid volume to 200 ml instead of 100 ml as I did not realize that 100 ml was so little liquid volume, I do not want the taste of the liquid to be so strong. 

How do I make these changes ?  Or is that something you would need to do.  It popped up that I would need to unlock the spreadsheet and it may be password protected.

I am sure I will have more questions as I get into this.

Thank you again!!

Julia

[8f...]

Hello - I want to thank you again for doing this for me!!  I do have a couple questions, I had to change the date to start the liquid as I am waiting on the supplies so I need to change the start date and also wanted to change the liquid volume to 200 ml instead of 100 ml as I did not realize that 100 ml was so little liquid volume, I do not want the taste of the liquid to be so strong. 

How do I make these changes ?  Or is that something you would need to do.  It popped up that I would need to unlock the spreadsheet and it may be password protected.

Thank you again!!

Julia

While most of the cells in the document are locked, you should be able to change the volume from 100 to 200 ml.  Same for the start date.  Basically, you can change anything in a blue or pink shaded box.  The rest are locked to ensure that the formulas work properly.

Thank you again!!

Julia

While most of the cells in the document are locked, you should be able to change the volume from 100 to 200 ml.  Same for the start date.  Basically, you can change anything in a blue or pink shaded box.  The rest are locked to ensure that the formulas work properly.

Hi, I just tried it again and it is saying it is a protected sheet and will not let me make the changes to the date or volume.

Hi,

I am guessing it is my computer because when it shows it is protected - it then shows that macros have been disabled.  I do not know how to enable it.  It does give me the option to unprotect the document but asked for a password. 

Thanks

Julia

[8f...]
(for anybody following, we solved the locked worksheet/macro problem.  Macros were disabled in the computer's Excel settings.  Once enabled, the spreadsheet seems to be working.)

Hello,

How would I change the spreadsheet so that all the doses are equal?

Because I have been sensitive to so many things through all this, much better now, I am going to take the pills and liquid for the first few days to get used to the liquid.  Once I have done that and found I do not have an issue with using the liquid, I would like to make my doses equal.  I think that will make this even easier as far as preparing the doses each day for the next day.

If I am calculating this correctly - it looks like I will be doing 2.5% cuts a week- correct?  So that is .0016 mg a day?  Just trying to make sure I understand all this.

Also - when I put in the number of how I am feeling, if I am doing really well - will that change the dose amount to take?  I am not sure how the doses change as I go on the sheets.

I am still trying to figure it all out..  :) :)

Thanks again for your help. 

Julia

[8f...]

To set all of the doses equal, simply type 25% for the Percentage for all doses (blue colored cells E4 thru H4)

You asked for 5% every two weeks so that's what I set for you (same as 2.5% per week).

If you feel really well, the 'proposed' rate will increase slightly.  It's not a big increase.  You can see for yourself how much a difference it makes by typing in 60, 75, 85, 95 and looking at the proposed cuts.  The difference among the various rates is especially small at the beginning of a taper (except for the highest reduction rate which is about 50% faster).  You can also override the proposed cuts and just keep tapering at the regular first-order rate by typing a '3' into the Suggested Taper Rate (the blue cells in column T).

Hope this helps.  I don't visit the forum regularly right now, so you'll have to send me PMs to make me look at the thread.

Hi badsocref,

Thank you very much!!  I appreciate your help!! 

I did send you a PM, not sure that you got it though.

Julia