havin anxiety After Drinking like 4 shots of Vodka,Lil Smirnoff,Cannibis 4 Hits

[DJ...]

On .75mg Klonopin And 150 Zoloft Im Have Anxiety And Im Feelin Wierd And Nausea After I Drank I Didnt drink like anything either... any one wanna help me out... im feelin wierd.... i finished da vodka there was like nothing in it and tried lil smirnoff no more than what fills up te a beer can... i took 4 hits of cannibis. :(

Both benzodiazapines and SSRIs should come with warnings that alcohol should be avoided, similarly taking a psychoactive narcotic, which is known to exacerbate psychiatric disorders, should also be avoided.

If you feel you are having an adverse reaction to taking these substances whilst on psychiatric medications, please consider  seeking professional medical advice.

This is exactly the kind of thing that can happen when people self medicate.  Please take care.

Hi there DJ!

Hope you're feeling better today!  If so, consider it a learning experience.

If not, you may want to check in with your doctor, as Amano suggested.

Benzos and alcohol are a potent and dangerous mix and strongly contraindicated, as they both effect the same part of the brain.  Cannabis is also known to increase anxiety in some people.

Please take care DJ :)

On .75mg Klonopin And 150 Zoloft Im Have Anxiety And Im Feelin Wierd And Nausea After I Drank I Didnt drink like anything either... any one wanna help me out... im feelin wierd.... i finished da vodka there was like nothing in it and tried lil smirnoff no more than what fills up te a beer can... i took 4 hits of cannibis. :(

I would stay far away from alcohol and cannabis for quite some time if I were you.  It is a very bad idea to mix such potent materials with benzos and SSRI's, and it clearly did not agree with you.  It is also potentially very dangerous.

still not feelin good a lil better not drink anymore until im off my meds horrible days feel like an idiot... anxiety high n lil sad... dam that was retarded...

It's good to know you're okay, most of us have found there isn't anything that will help us feel better, our best friend is time.  I hope you'll hang around a little more, get to know some of your Buddies, and learn what they do to make this process a little easier.

still not feelin good a lil better not drink anymore until im off my meds horrible days feel like an idiot... anxiety high n lil sad... dam that was retarded...

(((DJ)))

Hey DJ!

I'm very glad you survived! :)

Everyone makes mistakes, especially when we are desperate for some type of relief.

I think you made a wise decision to hold off on the alcohol until you're off the meds  :thumbsup:

glad you are ok!  well, i did something similar when i was tapering from valium back in sept.  i hadn't had a 'good' time in so long and i was finally feeling good so i indulged to say the least.  and i definitely paid for it.  i agree with everyone else.  benzos, a/ds, and alchohol do not go together.  and can be life threatening.  i did not believe that for a long time.  i stopped drinking and everything else at the end of sept.  i would not even consider it now. 

and i used to love the green stuff.  i actually used it to treat my depression and anxiety.  had a vaporizer too so that it was healthier.  but now i know, along with my current docs theory, that i was improperly medicated to begin with and the meds themselves were causing the depression and anxiety.  i also had bad problems after i tapered off the a/d back in march/april.  i was finally feeling pretty good and overindulged with alcohol.  then i went into this month long thing with severe gastrointestinal distress.  i thought i had a tumor or something.  it was really horrible.  but magically it disappeared, i assume after my body finally started making serotonin again. 

anyway, best to stay away from anything that makes you feel good temporarily.  it is unfortunate but it is the way it is with this benzo nightmare.  but i think you may find that once you get through all this that you won't want to drink or anything anymore anyway.  at least that is what i am finding.  and i have been way into that stuff for many years.  so it is a huge change but one that is very positive.  it is a transformational process for sure.  best of luck!  ;)

Glad you are feeling better.  I have never drank, but pot was the only drug I have ever used.  I was a lightweight w/pot but anyway... Pre-benzos, I would smoke every night before bed, one to two hits and it would help me sleep.  Once I went on benzos, pot gave me awful anxiety, to the point that the few times I have tried it while being on benzos, I panicked so bad that I asked the people with me to take me to the hospital. 

• 2 weeks later...
the demon drink and weed will give temp relief then a rebound kicks in,as an alki the combination of drink and valium sadly masks the crippling anxiety, hang in there man after 10 years self medicating i am about to taper and am bricking it!