Fascinating Podcast Series on Neuroscience

[De...]

My nephew just alerted me to this podcast series by Dr. Andrew Huberman called the Huberman Lab.  he is a PhD Neuroscientist and Professor at Stanford Med School.  Very articulate and easy to listen to.

I only listened to the first episode thus far, but it was rich with insights on how our nervous systems work and the basics of neuroplasticity and how to change our brains to heal or enhance our nervous systems.  One of the most salient points I heard was that in order to ensure neuroplasticitiy occurs we need to experience the "agitation" of focus and attention which releases epinephrine (adrenaline) and aceylcholine.  Equally important is that we do rest (either sleep or non-sleep deep rest - which I'm looking forward to learning about) and let what we have learned become established in our nervous systems.  This finally answers my question on whether I should expose myself to those activities which cause symptoms - the answer (for me) is yes!! 

I look forward to listening the whole series, but it will indeed take a while to get through.  Hope others find this helpful as well.