Anhedonia , loss of emotions

[Fe...]

I can’t find many anhedonia / loss of good emotions recovery stories. I regularly talk to others who feel this way and virtually no one is getting better. Can someone give me hope? I’m 2.5 years into this nightmare , still no good emotions.

My good emotions came back when I recovered, but after my cold turkey I couldn't cry, feel joy, happiness or love, it was only sadness, fear and despair. 

Thankyou for sharing. I feel like I see recoveries when only Benzos are used. My doctor put me on Thorazine too. I feel the poly drugged cases like mine are different :(

The “healing doesn’t apply for me because Ct/kindling/polydrug/etc” feeling is itself a symptom. I was taking multiple benzos, opiate painkillers, antidepressants and other drugs at various points in the process, but brain still  seems to be healing itself.

And from what I’ve read, folks seem to have healed from awful anhedonia on here. I’m not quite at the point of writing a success story, but I’ve gone from chilling anhedonia in my earliest months to basically a low-grade depression. Still have love, hope, and empathy on low volume, but things like motivation, creativity, and curiosity are back online. Maybe try tracking what you do have access to that you didn’t before. The emotions color wheel really helped me with that because I only had like four emotion categories when there are actually dozens.

So my mood is abit better and motivation has increased too. But I can’t feel pleasure or happiness. I can’t enjoy anything, or have interest or feel reward. I’m 2.5 years into this. It has gotten better in some areas but I’m definitely not ok

Anhedonia is the worst!  If I could feel joy and pleasure for the simple things in life or for anything, it would give me hope.  I am in my 5th long setback (8 months now) and every setback my joy and pleasure came back at the very end. I was fine for 7 months before this current setback.  If I could feel joy and pleasure it would be easier to fight all my other symptoms...no appetite, have to force feed, severe weakness/fatigue constant, constant internal tremors/shakes, tinnitus, heat intolerant, intrusive gut wrenching fears and feel like I am grieving me and I feel alone in the world.  Been abandoned by most. Force myself to go to work because I cannot be alone in my house.  The weekends are torture!!!  Crying jags are the worst!

I still cannot believe this evil.  I was prescribed for sleep only and took randomly at first.  I didn't realize the med was making me mentally ill until I found benzobuddies.  Total 85 pills from start to taper and look how damaged I am 6 years later!  I just cannot believe it!!!!  I believe Vitamin D with K caused this setback.

I feel you I’m in a setback atm. And I feel so much fear now along with zero joy and pleasure. This is absolute torture. I’m only on day 2 of my setback. Oh god please don’t tell me it lasts months please I cannot do months of this. I was calm before I used supplements

I feel you I’m in a setback atm. And I feel so much fear now along with zero joy and pleasure. This is absolute torture. I’m only on day 2 of my setback. Oh god please don’t tell me it lasts months please I cannot do months of this. I was calm before I used supplements

Oh my gosh!  It totally is absolute torture.  I hope yours is very short-lived!!!  Did you take a supplement that you think caused this setback?

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear your setback was short-lived.  Unfortunately, I'm entering into my 9th month of the most hellish mental torture setback EVER with all the other symptoms as if I just tapered off.  I've been free of short term benzos for over 6 years now.  I can't believe how that short term of a medication has damaged my body and ruined my life!!  Prescribed for sleep.  I never had any of these symptoms prior to the med.

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear your setback was short-lived.  Unfortunately, I'm entering into my 9th month of the most hellish mental torture setback EVER with all the other symptoms as if I just tapered off.  I've been free of short term benzos for over 6 years now.  I can't believe how that short term of a medication has damaged my body and ruined my life!!  Prescribed for sleep.  I never had any of these symptoms prior to the med.

Maybe you should check youre vitamines, exorfines, neurotransmitters etc?

There has to be a reason.

• 1 month later...

So my mood is abit better and motivation has increased too. But I can’t feel pleasure or happiness. I can’t enjoy anything, or have interest or feel reward. I’m 2.5 years into this. It has gotten better in some areas but I’m definitely not ok

You are 2.5 years into this? But you last benzo was Dec 2020?

You are 2.5 years into this? But you last benzo was Dec 2020?

Yes because it started when I began tapering