Normal to still feel ill a week after the vaccine?

[ro...]

Hi. Been a while since i last posted here. It's been around 17 months since my cold turkey of 3mg of estazolam. I've been doing much better though not symptom free yet. But nothing as bad as this time last year. I got my 1st dose of Astra Zeneca on Saturday 31st. Not doing so well. From the second or third day afterwards some withdrawal symptoms came back with a vengeance. Muscular pain in almost full body, headaches, worsened digestive issues (IBS and GERD). Over the past week gotten better but still recovering. Since Saturday starting to feel a strange cold sensation in both arms that hasn't dissipated yet. A first time. Never had that symptom before. I have only read positive stuff about people who are still in recovery that got vaccinated and of course i'm past the time of when vaccine symptoms should have dissipated. I'm scared i'm the only one who got vaccinated and got a setback...i wanted to ask if it's normal to be still this ill more than a week after the vaccine? Is it still the vaccine or the withdrawal alone or both?

Hello Rosemarie,

I can understand what your going through. Recovering from benzo our bodies takes awhile to heal and anything we put into our bodies can trigger physical symptoms especially chemicals. I just got my first vaccine shot, I was nervous to get it because of the side effects and I'm one of those any pharmaceutical meds I take, I get side effects from my past experiences. I feel a little bit of some of my withdrawal symptoms is elevated or maybe it's just my anxiety causing this after my shot. I guess the best thing we can do is manage our symptoms with rest, taking it easy, avoid stress, keep hydrated, think good, positive thoughts. Don't let fear take over us. We will heal back in no time again.

Hi Mark! I'm so relieved that there is another buddy like me who got affected by their first shot because before i only seen buddies who did good overall with the first shot and just got the normal vaccine symptoms but were all good again after 4/5 days. I'm currently dealing with a major spike of awful IBS allday and i still deal with strange sensation of cold on my arms, legs and back as well as pain in those parts. I'm sorry to hear that your first shot affected you too. It is actually the first time something triggered the symptoms again. Because before i have taken other meds or supplements but did just fine. Never crossed through my mind the vaccine could trigger the symptoms as well. Sadly right the only thing we can do is take our symptoms with ease even if it's hard and remain calm and positive. Hope healing will come soon for both of us! 🙏

I def felt rough for a few days...uptick in symptoms but it went. But I had real covid too earlier so the vaccine was much less intense than what I went through with the real thing!

There are ppl not in benzo recovery who have rough responses to the vaccine, so its ok if you're body got stressed from building antibodies! You will feel better.

But at 17 months, we know that healing is still being fine tuned in our bodies and we are still fragile. Go easy on yourself:)