Why are some of you getting the vaccine?

[65...]

[65...]

Based on some of the horror stories I've been seeing with those vaccines, I'm actually shocked that many of you (particularly if you're in the middle of acute benzo withdrawal) are getting these shots.

As a healthy person it may be worth the risk if you feel you are in danger of getting the C-19, but as a person already in severe withdrawal, why would you think it's a good idea to give the body something else to fight off?

Umm because the real deal can kill you or others, or leave you with debilitating after effects.  I was lucky and had covid and got through it. I've had my first of the two vaccines (about to get the second dose soon). I had a rough couple days but then was fine..its nothing compared to the real thing.

Please understand I am very med sensitive, and I was scared to get the vaccine, but I did fine. This is bc the vaccine just prompts your body to enact the code to create antibodies to the virus. It does not interfere with any of the receptors damaged from benzos. For those of us in this recovery, what we are feeling is the inflammation caused by a healthy immune response after we get the vaccine. Its bc ppl are refusing to get the vaccine that it is mutating into worse variants.

My husband works medical. He is still burnt out form this past year. The hospital beds are full again, and all the covid cases he has seen are from non-vaccinated people. The people that have to go the the ICU do not make it our alive. I was a covid counselor in that same hospital this past winter. Its no joke my friend.

I can guarantee you will survive benzo recovery - but there is no guarantee you will survive the real covid.

Umm because the real deal can kill you or others, or leave you with debilitating after effects.  I was lucky and had covid and got through it. I've had my first of the two vaccines (about to get the second dose soon). I had a rough couple days but then was fine..its nothing compared to the real thing.

Please understand I am very med sensitive, and I was scared to get the vaccine, but I did fine. This is bc the vaccine just prompts your body to enact the code to create antibodies to the virus. It does not interfere with any of the receptors damaged from benzos. For those of us in this recovery, what we are feeling is the inflammation caused by a healthy immune response after we get the vaccine. Its bc ppl are refusing to get the vaccine that it is mutating into worse variants.

My husband works medical. He is still burnt out form this past year. The hospital beds are full again, and all the covid cases he has seen are from non-vaccinated people. The people that have to go the the ICU do not make it our alive. I was a covid counselor in that same hospital this past winter. Its no joke my friend.

I can guarantee you will survive benzo recovery - but there is no guarantee you will survive the real covid.

Excellent post Trina, thank you and I'm very sorry your husband is going through this again.  I'm very sorry for all of our health care workers who have put their lives on the line for us and this is how we repay them, by willfully disregarding public safety.

[65...]
The people that have to go the the ICU do not make it our alive. I was a covid counselor in that same hospital this past winter. Its no joke my friend.

How many people passed away from C-19? How old were they? After what doctors have done to us? And the sheer stupidity that I have encountered in the medical field? Forgive me if I am skeptical.

How many people that died from the flu 2 years ago, are now included in the C-19 stats?

I'm not taking any vaccine that has a chance to form blood clots in my body and cause blindness. I rather die from C-19.

The people that have to go the the ICU do not make it our alive. I was a covid counselor in that same hospital this past winter. Its no joke my friend.

How many people passed away from C-19? How old were they? After what doctors have done to us? And the sheer stupidity that I have encountered in the medical field? Forgive me if I am skeptical.

How many people that died from the flu 2 years ago, are now included in the C-19 stats?

I'm not taking any vaccine that has a chance to form blood clots in my body and cause blindness. I rather die from C-19.

I won’t be getting the vaccine either andros. I’ve suffered enuf at the hands of the medical industry. No disrespect to anyone that is brave enuf to get it, I’m just not well enuf to deal with any further assault on my body.

I won't be getting the vaccine because I'm already prone to blood clots and some of those shots have caused blood clots in those who have gotten it.

[65...]

I won’t be getting the vaccine either andros. I’ve suffered enuf at the hands of the medical industry. No disrespect to anyone that is brave enuf to get it, I’m just not well enuf to deal with any further assault on my body.

In your condition, I don't think it's a good idea. Maybe at the beginning of the pandemic if the risk of catching the Coof was higher? But in most places, I think over 80% of the population has gotten the 2 shots, and EVERYONE is wearing masks + most businesses are cleaning all surfaces like crazy.

Maybe if health care workers had not injured me by prescribing me benzos and taking me on and off multiple times against my will and then gaslighted me about what was happening to me then I would be able to confidently get the vaccine. Spare me the guilt trip. You were healed when the pandemic started. Don’t fool yourself. If you were still on the thick of it you would be hesitant too. Don’t get all holier than thou on us now.

I don't want this to become a fight about what's real and what's conspiracy. A friend of mine's wife is a nurse, and she basically confirms these #'s, at least where I live in Ontario Canada, this is the current stats:

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/index.html

Total population of the province: 14,723,497

Total Covid cases: 552,479

Total deaths: 9,407

Currently in ICU: 115

So out of all Covid cases, only 1.7% ended up in deaths. Out of the entire population of the province? Only 0.00006389%, AND over 80% of those deaths, were people 80 years or higher.

Now here's a list of deaths per year in the same province of other causes:

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=1310039401

Let's pick 2019:

Malignant neoplasms: 80,152

Alzheimers: 6,166

Flu and pneumonia: 6,893

Accidents leading to death: 13,746

Suicides: 4,012

It seems we have an epidemic of Malignant neoplasms. Holy #@%, 80k people died of this last years in this province? Sound the alarms! We have an epidemic!!

Now what's going to be real interesting to see, is the flu and pneumonia stats for 2020, once they come out, AND the suicide stats. I had no idea we had 4 thousand suicides in Ontario in 2019. I'm going to wager that # jumped up significantly in 2020. This C-19 and the holy hell it unleashed on me and my family is the PRIMARY reason I ended up on a z-drug. I bet many others jumped to a z-drug or benzo drug because of the extreme stress caused by this "pandemic" that killed less than malignant tumors do.

So yeah, I'm not very trusting of the medical community right now to jab me with something that has hardly had any testing, and is only given authorization by the FDA as an "emergency". If they can prove the side effects are very minimal (for a healthy guy like me in my 40's, who works out and eats healthy, the sides better be a LOT less likely than death by Covid. The stats do not seem to to heading in that direction so far)

[25...]

Andros

I’m from Ontario as well, and I have many friends who have lost their loved ones to Covid, recently, and they were double vaccinated.

This Delta variant is no joke.

I’m am very sick because of these benzos (bed bound mostly) I have histamine/MCAS issues from antibiotics, made worse by the benzos.

I’ve been diagnosed with POTS by the top expert in Ontario, who does think I have MCAS.

This means I’m allergic to a ton of stuff including meds, including the ingredients in the vaccines.

I took the proper H1 & H2 blockers before both shots.

I had a kick up in symptoms for 2 days and my second shot was bad, but I’m back to baseline crappy now.

I got Moderna, which has the least amount of side effects and virtually no possibility of blood clots- that was the AZ vaccine that they pulled here in Ont. I have never heard of anyone going blind!

This Delta variant is no joke. Less than 100 cases in Ontario 14 days ago, now 438 today.

I know you’re skeptical of Drs, but this vaccine works, and will save you from death!

I don’t want you to become like my friends relatives, who were 100% healthy before they picked up covid.

You need to follow the correct drs in Ontario and listen to them!!

Don’t mean to come on strong, I just don’t want to see unnecessary deaths.

Oh, one last thing, this Delta variant is way more contagious than previous versions.

Have you not been reading the news. An epidemiologist who was double vaccinated went to a small gathering where all were double vaccinated, 11 out of 15 got covid and were very sick within 3 days of party. No one died, but they were very sick. If they hadn’t been vaccinated, then certainly their fate would be different.

Another pair of drs in Ont both double vaccinated, got it, and were both in ICU, they survived, but barely.

Welcome to the Delta!!

Best,

Winnie

Things are looking very bad here my friend. Unless you plan on self isolating, you’re better off with the shot than dying. This variant is killing people far faster and in larger quantities than previous versions.

[65...]
I’m from Ontario as well, and I have many friends who have lost their loved ones to Covid, recently, and they were double vaccinated.

I know you’re skeptical of Drs, but this vaccine works, and will save you from death!

You just contradicted yourself.

Again, how old? What health condition were these people in? Are the statistics lying? So far only approx 9k people have passed away from C-19, in TOTAL in a province of 14 million. Almost 7k people died of influenza/pneumonia in 2019. Why wasn't THAT a pandemic? I never got that flu shot either.

What I am seeing, is the media going into overdrive about how deadly this thing is, and how everyone needs to get the shot NOW NOW NOW.

And yet, it seems people can get infected by this delta variant, even with the 2 shots. So yeah, I'll take my chances.

Again, how old? What health condition were these people in? Are the statistics lying? So far only approx 9k people have passed away from C-19, in TOTAL in a province of 14 million. Almost 7k people died of influenza/pneumonia in 2019. Why wasn't THAT a pandemic? I never got that flu shot either.

What I am seeing, is the media going into overdrive about how deadly this thing is, and how everyone needs to get the shot NOW NOW NOW.

And yet, it seems people can get infected by this delta variant, even with the 2 shots. So yeah, I'll take my chances.

In my state less than 1% of vaccinated people are infected with Delta and less than .001% die from this terrible disease.  That is clearly not the case for the unvaccinated.

Additionally, children are now becoming sick because there is no vaccine available to those under 12.  Those who take their chances are also taking chances with health of my granddaughter, my students and children everywhere.

[65...]

In my state less than 1% of vaccinated people are infected with Delta and less than .001% die from this terrible disease.  That is clearly not the case for the unvaccinated.

Additionally, children are now becoming sick because there is no vaccine available to those under 12.  Those who take their chances are also taking chances with health of my granddaughter, my students and children everywhere.

Covid deaths: 9k out of 14 million people.

Regular flu deaths: 7k out of 14 million people, and it's been like that for decades, within that average.

Your kids/grandkids are safe.

I'd have to start checking stats all over the US and Canada, but I suspect the #'s are similar.

I will say I am not anti-vax. I took a tetanus shot a few years ago when I drove a rusty nail into my hand a few years ago. I took flu shots when I was in high school. I still got the flu, every year.

When did I stop getting the flu? When I started eating healthy about a decade ago. Lots of greens, copious amounts of probiotics (I take 600 billion cultures for 3 months straight every year). Ironically, making sure I got enough sleep at night, and taking a Magnesium and Zinc supplement before bedtime. I haven't had a single flu for a decade since then, and I haven't had a flu shot since over a decade either.

I went thru the Z-Drug withdrawal thru the winter of last year/this year, terrified I was going to get the flu, or even the Covid, because I was so weak, sleeping nothing for days on end. I still didn't get sick.

So we shouldn’t consider our own health, just the health of others? When they bring out a safe alternative, I’ll consider it. Until then, I’m entitled to decide to put my health before the health of others considering my husband is disabled and I have a special needs child. If I was unlucky enuf to die from blood clotting who would think about them? My son almost died after getting a vaccine when he was a baby. He had 5cm of his bowel retracted after a rotavirus shot. Caused by intersusseption. But u know as long as everyone else is safe?

Sorry this us against them thing with vaccinations is exactly how the government wants to play us against each other. Just as you get the vaccination to protect urself and those u love, I am not getting it for that very reason.

[65...]

So we shouldn’t consider our own health, just the health of others? When they bring out a safe alternative, I’ll consider it. Until then, I’m entitled to decide to put my health before the health of others considering my husband is disabled and I have a special needs child. If I was unlucky enuf to die from blood clotting who would think about them? My son almost died after getting a vaccine when he was a baby. He had 5cm of his bowel retracted after a rotavirus shot. Caused by intersusseption. But u know as long as everyone else is safe?

Sorry this us against them thing with vaccinations is exactly how the government wants to play us against each other. Just as you get the vaccination to protect urself and those u love, I am not getting it for that very reason.

Props to you. You're already suffering so intensely. Last thing you need is to get hit by the downer people seem to be getting from these vaccines, not to mention even a 1% chance of dying from a blood clot.

I will wait until at least a year, to see how people are fairing, or until the FDA gives it a clear go ahead.

I'm just stunned. Stunned how people can get massively screwed by the medical establishment (like us benzo sufferers), but like cattle, they go on automatic mode, to that same establishment, to get experimental shots that haven't even been properly tested, for a disease that is marginally worse than a regular flu.  Sorry, I got burnt once. I won't shun medicine outright, but damn right I'm going to be more careful what they tell me to put in my body.

It’s because they’re scared andros, and if I believed everything I saw on the news I’d be scared too.

I just want to mention something that happened to me last week. During lockdown last Monday, my son and I went for a walk along the beach. It was a grey overcast day, and there was literally 20 people on the beach, since it was very cold and windy. We spent quite a few hrs there, just playing and walking.

That night on the news, they showed the same beach saying that other areas of the state are disappointed with people in my area flouting lockdown orders. They said this shot was taken from the very beach my son and I were on and taken that day. Well, in the clip they showed, it was a beautiful sunny day, with hundreds of people on the beach? With a lady saying no one was wearing masks and all clustered together in groups?

Fake news at its best. I was there that day, there were not hundreds of people out enjoying the sunshine, there was hardly anyone there. My husband said, see this is what keeps us in lockdown, thinking it was true.

What keeps us in lockdown is fake news like I just mentioned. How do we even know what’s real and what isn’t?

I have a friend that works for our local hospitals as a nurse. She said she has not seen or heard of 1 case of covid in her hospital yet. I thought that is strange considering tom hanks was supposed at the hospital with covid? Was he even at the hospital? How would we know? Oh that’s right it was on the news.

This thread isn't helpful, it's obvious we've all gone to our respective social, political or medical corners.  There is no convincing anyone and this thread will only serve to upset those who read it, regardless of where they stand on the issue. 

It's now locked and so will any others that take it's place if it's for the purposes of arguing a point of view rather than sharing an experience of receiving the vaccination.

[25...]