Having crossover issues from Ativan to Diazepam liquid solution is this normal.

[...]

I’m about two weeks in from crossing over with diazepam liquid solution (prescribed by my doctor) from Ativan, been feeling sluggish, stomach issues, major depression.. is this something that will subside, is my body just adjusting?  Could somebody please give me some information After going through inpatient and outpatient facilities the last couple of months,  feeling kind of hopeless now thinking this will be the proper, I’ve should’ve done since day one type thing but now that I’m feeling this way I don’t know what to do.

You've just named the two big downsides to crossing over to Diazepam but the good news is for most, these symptoms will subside and you'll be left with a smooth taper.  However, for some it becomes unbearable and they end up going back to their original benzo. 

Hopefully others will drop by but you could ask the folks on the  Valium Support Group thread how long it took them to get past these symptoms, they have first hand experience.

With everything you've gone through lately I hate to see you give up on this.

JT I found the crossover from Ativan (short acting) to valium (long acting) to be quite . . . challenging. I was having interdose w/ds from the Ativan, which the valium did not cover. Being on two such different drugs at once really sucked, I found. But that's the nature of a crossover.

As well, you are crossing to Valium liquid, which is a challenge in itself. I believe things will settle down for you JT. How much longer is your crossover? I followed the Ashton Manual for my cross, and brother, I couldn't wait to be done. And once I was done, my taper went smoothly.

Can you hang in there knowing that things will get better?

Feeling for you,

:smitten:

Katz

Thank you so much for your reply I’m in that desperate mode right now kind of scary stuff. I’m also doing the Ashton method crossover but I think I sped it up a bit.. started with night portion of the crossover like manual suggest. That was about close to two weeks ago this is my schedule:

Morning: Ativan 0.5mg/ diazepam 5mgs.. 

afternoon: Ativan 1 mg..

Evening: Ativan 1 mg Diazepam 5 mg…

Mind you when I was taking Ativan before this mess of all messes I never took it during the day it was mostly for sleep at night (4x nights Max spaced out through the week)

Outpatient which was in April they tapered me with Klonopin for about a week and change- I have to taper I was in and out of the hospital reinstated late April decided to give it another go so went to:

Impatient facility was early June, 27 days stay. There they tapered me with Librium for about roughly the same amount of time.

Now I’m in a program with a Doctor who specializes in this, she applies

to the Ashton method with more of holistic approach, vitamins amino acids and what not. Paying out of pocket, insurance doesn’t cover it but I’m at that point it’s really hard to get help here believe it or not in New York City these doctors here know how to prescribe these medication’s but don’t know squad how to taper off it.