Did some more research

[Pa...]

I had to take a small hiatus from this site.  I will explain that in a different post elsewhere.  Mainly for the sole purpose that it may help someone else who needs to resonate with someone.  While I was on my temporary hiatus  I did some research ....... I have noticed most people only hop on this site when they aren't feeling well.  I am the opposite.  I like to be on here while I am generally feeling okay, as it helps me help others when I can.  And my brain..... well it does it own's thing.  I definitely drum to my own beat,

People on here always say that benzo recovery is a non linear process, I believe I thought that as well in the beginning.  Now I am the opposite.  I truly believe it is VERY linear.  I kept a journal going through all of this.  From beginning to now, I have written down every symptom I have experienced and the time frames I experienced them.  I can not stress this enough!  KEEP A JOURNAL!!!!!!  With in it I also wrote down if I tried new foods, drinks ect..... and was able to monitor if those things caused reactions or not.  From my own experiences and others combing the internet relentlessly for weeks  I have some calculations.  These are just estimates!  I happened to notice a pattern, that does not make it 100% true!  Research will be needed to confirm this, that I just simply can not provide.  I do not know 100% any other underlying issues with these stories, I only know what they publicly post.

These calculations are NOT for everyone.  Basically these are Cold Turkey/Rapid Tapers, on short term considered Low dose.  These calculations do not include tolerance withdrawals or slow tapers!  This also does not include MULTIPLE tapers or Ploydrugging!

As I was combing through the internet for stories, studies, anything really,  I noticed a mathematical pattern emerge.  A few people stated they were taken off low dose abruptly, or were advised by doctors to do a rapid taper.  I was one of those people so naturally that is what I am interested in finding.  A small percentage of those people had a 4week long ACUTE period,,,,,,,,  they were in PAWS for about 6 months.  A few others had an ACUTE period of 8 weeks and there PAWS lasted a year.....  How long the ACUTE period lasts seems to be the key in healing.  So by this pattern it suggests that every 4 weeks the ACUTE withdrawals last, that is equal to 6 months of PAWS.  I applied this mathematical equation to some success stories on here.  Those that healed in a year and a half had a normal 90 day ACUTE period.

I also noticed that it is not EXACT but things go in and out in a linear fashion as well.  Every 6-8 weeks seems to start a new wave.  I believe the people who call this non linear are ones that did not monitor what their body was reacting too, this makes it look like there is no pattern.  If you notice these things and keep away from them until healed I assume you will notice this 6-8 weeks pattern.  The intensities are also predicable to an extent so you have ACUTE, then you should see intensities rise similar to acute, again between 6-9  months, then 12-15 months.  Again this is not EXACT,  Like once you hit 12 months it doesn't mean EVRYONE will hit that intense wave.  Just that it will most likely hit between 12-15 months, it could start anywhere within that time frame and last almost as long as ACUTE.

This is also taking into consideration, staying away from triggers!  If you notice cinnamon causes a wave then stay the frick away from cinnamon until you are able to reintroduce it again later.  This will also help to notice a more linear pattern.

Help your body, help itself!  The nerves in the central nervous system are lined with a protective barrier.  When this barrier or myelin sheathing (a fatty substance which surrounds/insulates healthy nerve fibers) becomes destroyed is when permanent damage arise.  Normal vitamins and minerals helps protect that barrier.  DO NOT JUST RANDOMLY TAKE VITAMINS!  Get blood work to help this along.  Check your vitamin levels when you feel they need to be checked.  DO NOT JUST BLINDLY START TAKING SUPPLEMENTS.  Too much of a vitamin can harm this protective barrier just like too little.  If you are low in B12 try to help the body, help itself by attempting to supplement with ONLY this supplement.  If your next round of blood work 6 months later shows it normal, cut those supplements back. There are other ways to accomplish this aside from HUGE doses of supplements in pill form.  There are liposomal forms, facial serums work, the possibilities are endless if you are honestly wanting to accomplish this, the internet has amazing scientific studies!  This will help the body protect itself in the healing process.

BE GENTLE TO YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM!!!!!!  I am not telling or suggesting that you stay away from other medications.  Some people truly need other ways to cope.  None of us were prescribed benzos for the fun of it.  There was an underlying condition which prompted physicians to prescribe it in the first place.  If you feel that it is necessary then please work with your physician on what might help you.

I took this pattern to my own journal when I noticed it and it was 100% on point!  I was rapid tapered off of Ativan!  then 23 days later gabapentin and baclofen.  Exactly 10 weeks after my last dose of Ativan, my resting heart rate dropped from 120 to 90.  Exactly 10 weeks from my last dose of gabapentin and baclofen(since I rapid tapered them both at the same time)  my heart dropped even more, from 90 to 60.  That meant that my average healing time (had I been born normal) would have been approximately 13- 14 months. 

I screwed up though..... not intentionally.... but after that I did get a colonoscopy and endoscopy(using Propofol), I also got a flu shot, and the covid vaccines all within a relatively close time period.  Before I was healed from all of that I was taking flexeril for my Ehlers Danlos (which only seemed to upset it more).....  All of these things upset my nervous system that was greatly trying to heal.  I noticed from all of these at once i went back into what felt to me like acute which lasted for 6 months.  My heart rate has finally dropped back down to 60 like it had done before right out of acute from my previous rapid tapers.  (I AM NOT SAYING DO NOT GET VACCINATED!!!)  Simply give your body time to heal between drastic impacts.  I did not do that.  It was like boom, boom, boom.  The intensity of everything that I was throwing at my very already fragile system seemed to now understandably upset it.  GETTING THE COVID VACCINE IS BETTER THAN RISKING DYING FROM COVID ITSELF!  If I had to do it all over again, I would still get my vaccinations.  I just would have waited longer than a month after the Propofol and flu vaccine before hand though, is what I am trying to explain.

I also have Ehlers Danlos......  I have added an additional two years on to my personal calculated healing time.  There are connective tissues in the brain.......  My connective tissues do not protect my nerves as well as normal people who were not born with this genetic condition.  So I run a higher risk of longer protracted and possible permanent damage to nerve fibers.  It is even possible that I was destined to be on some type of gaba drug in the first place due to my connective tissue disorder.  I am not willing to risk adverse side effects yet though.  Before I even consider a possible reinstatement of gabapentin or Lyrica, I am waiting my allotted healing time.  If there have been no changes, then yeah, I'll risk it, no harm no foul at that point.

I wish I could give you medical studies on this........ I wish this could apply to everyone.  But it does not and there is none........ it is just an estimated round about time frame for certain circumstances, that I just happened to notice a pattern on.  I am also not telling anyone to not get any medical procedures done that your physician suggests you get.  I am simply implying that, that happening must be taken into consideration for your healing time.  For instance, it Might take an additional 2 measly weeks for that healing to finally take place.

I hope this helps most of you.

Your meticulous note taking is a wonderful tool Paxia, thank you for documenting your story here.  Everyone is looking for a timeline and although you include the appropriate disclaimers I'm sure others will find comfort in your observations.

Your meticulous note taking is a wonderful tool Paxia, thank you for documenting your story here.  Everyone is looking for a timeline and although you include the appropriate disclaimers I'm sure others will find comfort in your observations.

I hope so!  I know Fluffers posted something along these lines but it wasn’t as pointed. It was this percentage cold turkied and healed in this time frame.  This is more of a mathematical equation based off of what your initial withdrawal frame was in ratio to PAWS timeframe. It’s more comparable.

This also puts the “TIME is the best healer” theory to mostly accurate. It truly seems to be the most helpful!  But again some people do need need help. I did!  I’m on metoprolol. My heart couldn’t handle a constant resting rate of 120bpm. I think this also has more to do with my EDS too though.

I probably didn’t add on enough disclaimers!  LOL. Everything written is open to interpretation. I hope no one interprets it incorrectly. I honestly just noticed a pattern and thought it may help some people.

Unfortunately there are soooo many factors to take into consideration it can only be a rough estimate.

I had to take a small hiatus from this site.  I will explain that in a different post elsewhere.  Mainly for the sole purpose that it may help someone else who needs to resonate with someone.  While I was on my temporary hiatus  I did some research ....... I have noticed most people only hop on this site when they aren't feeling well.  I am the opposite.  I like to be on here while I am generally feeling okay, as it helps me help others when I can.  And my brain..... well it does it own's thing.  I definitely drum to my own beat,

People on here always say that benzo recovery is a non linear process, I believe I thought that as well in the beginning.  Now I am the opposite.  I truly believe it is VERY linear.  I kept a journal going through all of this.  From beginning to now, I have written down every symptom I have experienced and the time frames I experienced them.  I can not stress this enough!  KEEP A JOURNAL!!!!!!  With in it I also wrote down if I tried new foods, drinks ect..... and was able to monitor if those things caused reactions or not.  From my own experiences and others combing the internet relentlessly for weeks  I have some calculations.  These are just estimates!  I happened to notice a pattern, that does not make it 100% true!  Research will be needed to confirm this, that I just simply can not provide.  I do not know 100% any other underlying issues with these stories, I only know what they publicly post.

These calculations are NOT for everyone.  Basically these are Cold Turkey/Rapid Tapers, on short term considered Low dose.  These calculations do not include tolerance withdrawals or slow tapers!  This also does not include MULTIPLE tapers or Ploydrugging!

As I was combing through the internet for stories, studies, anything really,  I noticed a mathematical pattern emerge.  A few people stated they were taken off low dose abruptly, or were advised by doctors to do a rapid taper.  I was one of those people so naturally that is what I am interested in finding.  A small percentage of those people had a 4week long ACUTE period,,,,,,,,  they were in PAWS for about 6 months.  A few others had an ACUTE period of 8 weeks and there PAWS lasted a year.....  How long the ACUTE period lasts seems to be the key in healing.  So by this pattern it suggests that every 4 weeks the ACUTE withdrawals last, that is equal to 6 months of PAWS.  I applied this mathematical equation to some success stories on here.  Those that healed in a year and a half had a normal 90 day ACUTE period.

I also noticed that it is not EXACT but things go in and out in a linear fashion as well.  Every 6-8 weeks seems to start a new wave.  I believe the people who call this non linear are ones that did not monitor what their body was reacting too, this makes it look like there is no pattern.  If you notice these things and keep away from them until healed I assume you will notice this 6-8 weeks pattern.  The intensities are also predicable to an extent so you have ACUTE, then you should see intensities rise similar to acute, again between 6-9  months, then 12-15 months.  Again this is not EXACT,  Like once you hit 12 months it doesn't mean EVRYONE will hit that intense wave.  Just that it will most likely hit between 12-15 months, it could start anywhere within that time frame and last almost as long as ACUTE.

This is also taking into consideration, staying away from triggers!  If you notice cinnamon causes a wave then stay the frick away from cinnamon until you are able to reintroduce it again later.  This will also help to notice a more linear pattern.

Help your body, help itself!  The nerves in the central nervous system are lined with a protective barrier.  When this barrier or myelin sheathing (a fatty substance which surrounds/insulates healthy nerve fibers) becomes destroyed is when permanent damage arise.  Normal vitamins and minerals helps protect that barrier.  DO NOT JUST RANDOMLY TAKE VITAMINS!  Get blood work to help this along.  Check your vitamin levels when you feel they need to be checked.  DO NOT JUST BLINDLY START TAKING SUPPLEMENTS.  Too much of a vitamin can harm this protective barrier just like too little.  If you are low in B12 try to help the body, help itself by attempting to supplement with ONLY this supplement.  If your next round of blood work 6 months later shows it normal, cut those supplements back. There are other ways to accomplish this aside from HUGE doses of supplements in pill form.  There are liposomal forms, facial serums work, the possibilities are endless if you are honestly wanting to accomplish this, the internet has amazing scientific studies!  This will help the body protect itself in the healing process.

BE GENTLE TO YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM!!!!!!  I am not telling or suggesting that you stay away from other medications.  Some people truly need other ways to cope.  None of us were prescribed benzos for the fun of it.  There was an underlying condition which prompted physicians to prescribe it in the first place.  If you feel that it is necessary then please work with your physician on what might help you.

I took this pattern to my own journal when I noticed it and it was 100% on point!  I was rapid tapered off of Ativan!  then 23 days later gabapentin and baclofen.  Exactly 10 weeks after my last dose of Ativan, my resting heart rate dropped from 120 to 90.  Exactly 10 weeks from my last dose of gabapentin and baclofen(since I rapid tapered them both at the same time)  my heart dropped even more, from 90 to 60.  That meant that my average healing time (had I been born normal) would have been approximately 13- 14 months. 

I screwed up though..... not intentionally.... but after that I did get a colonoscopy and endoscopy(using Propofol), I also got a flu shot, and the covid vaccines all within a relatively close time period.  Before I was healed from all of that I was taking flexeril for my Ehlers Danlos (which only seemed to upset it more).....  All of these things upset my nervous system that was greatly trying to heal.  I noticed from all of these at once i went back into what felt to me like acute which lasted for 6 months.  My heart rate has finally dropped back down to 60 like it had done before right out of acute from my previous rapid tapers.  (I AM NOT SAYING DO NOT GET VACCINATED!!!)  Simply give your body time to heal between drastic impacts.  I did not do that.  It was like boom, boom, boom.  The intensity of everything that I was throwing at my very already fragile system seemed to now understandably upset it.  GETTING THE COVID VACCINE IS BETTER THAN RISKING DYING FROM COVID ITSELF!  If I had to do it all over again, I would still get my vaccinations.  I just would have waited longer than a month after the Propofol and flu vaccine before hand though, is what I am trying to explain.

I also have Ehlers Danlos......  I have added an additional two years on to my personal calculated healing time.  There are connective tissues in the brain.......  My connective tissues do not protect my nerves as well as normal people who were not born with this genetic condition.  So I run a higher risk of longer protracted and possible permanent damage to nerve fibers.  It is even possible that I was destined to be on some type of gaba drug in the first place due to my connective tissue disorder.  I am not willing to risk adverse side effects yet though.  Before I even consider a possible reinstatement of gabapentin or Lyrica, I am waiting my allotted healing time.  If there have been no changes, then yeah, I'll risk it, no harm no foul at that point.

I wish I could give you medical studies on this........ I wish this could apply to everyone.  But it does not and there is none........ it is just an estimated round about time frame for certain circumstances, that I just happened to notice a pattern on.  I am also not telling anyone to not get any medical procedures done that your physician suggests you get.  I am simply implying that, that happening must be taken into consideration for your healing time.  For instance, it Might take an additional 2 measly weeks for that healing to finally take place.

I hope this helps most of you.

Hey Paxia,

Hope you’re doing ok. I wish your theory were true for me. My Acute lasted approx two months & 18 months later I’m still here in WD. I’m healing. But still here. Wish my WD Would’ve only been 12 months.  :))

I’m sorry to hear you are still in withdrawals. As I said. Mine is a rough estimate. There are always other factors included. Especially previous underlying conditions.

I kept a journal going through all of this.  From beginning to now, I have written down every symptom I have experienced and the time frames I experienced them.  I can not stress this enough!  KEEP A JOURNAL!!!!!!  With in it I also wrote down if I tried new foods, drinks ect..... and was able to monitor if those things caused reactions or not.

Hear, hear!  Thank you for a thoughtful and thought-provoking post, Paxia.