Anyone had shoulder tendonitis?

[Mi...]

Hi everyone, sending wishes of getting through to your recovery & healed days.

I've acquired some shoulder tendonitis I believe. I don't think it's directly withdrawal related, but it's painful.

I'm not sure if it's from all the time I've spent resting and healing that perhaps has weakened my body to make me prone to it.

I do get out and throw the ball and the Frisbee to the dog and my husband all throughout my recovery with no issues. Last month I noticed a bit of shoulder pain that just went away easily enough. I figured it was some benzo ache & pain.

Well, I went to the beach & played catch with the football a day ago, then yesterday while resting in bed and propped up on my side, leaning my head on my arm, while scrolling around online, my shoulder began to hurt again. I thought nothing of it. We went for a ride. Came home and went to bed for the night......

Well, as soon as I laid down my shoulder started aching deep inside like a toothache. To the point that it made me nauseated and was keeping me from sleeping. I never had body pain like this ever, in my life really.

I did some online research and watched some YouTube videos on shoulder pain and I think it could be tendonitis, especially since the pain is bad at night. I learned some sleeping positions using pillows so the pain would let up enough so I can get some sleep. This helps, but here I am at 3am on here asking about it .

I'd would take a Motrin, but I've been a bit suspicious of Motrin causing benzo flu for me lately, as the last two times that I took Motrin about 3 or 4 days later I got a day or two of some pretty bad benzo flu. I have taken Motrin all throughout my withdrawal recovery for the last 2 years. I've taken at least one or two Motrins a month for the last 2 years for headaches with no issues, except these last two months that I've had to take it I'm suspicious now about how it's affecting me. I'm not sure if it even is. Could be just coincidence of the Motrin and the benzo flu....idk.

Am I that weak now that just throwing a football around can cause injury? Am I that prone to aches and pains, or injury now? Or is laying in bed a lot over the last two years typing on a cell phone because I've been sick & its an easy way to pass the time while healing,  caused me to have some tendonitis or something? From laying around typing and scrolling?

I'm holding off on the Motrin for now, but if it worsens I won't have a choice but to take one.

Anyone had any experience like this?

Update Aug 27th:

This intense arm pain only lasted one day and one night. That's it and then it was COMPLETELY GONE like it never happened. I took nothing (I wouldn't have anyway. Med sensitive) I just used ice. ... It was just some odd weird withdrawal symptom.

[c5...]

How is your sleep?

Motrin is Ibuprofen. It's an NSAID (meaning it interferes with tendon healing). If you need a painkiller, Tylenol is a better choice IMO. Ibuprofen is hard on the intestines. Glutamine is good to help intestines heal, BUT not something you want to take in a benzo withdrawal condition. Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is hard on the liver, BUT you can take the supplement NAC to help the liver repair, AND NAC may also help you with a benzo withdrawal. AND the liver is much more resilient than the intestines, to any damage.

As for tendonitis, if that's what it is, (and it could be based on your post), something that works amazingly well is to get prolotherapy shots on the afflicted tendon. This therapy actually helps damaged tendons to heal.