Need immediate reply

[Sc...]

I am feeling as if my head is getting pulled in from nose, temples and back of head. My hands are trembling. Is this pre seizure symptoms? Please suggest how to handle it.

No, these symptoms are very common and can seem scary each time they flare up. But many people going through benzo withdrawal or tapering experience these type of symptoms at some point.

Most people don't experience pre-symptoms before seizures. The small percentage that do experience pre-symptoms get what is known as auras. Auras can include strange smell like sensations (often like burning rubber), metallic tastes and extreme feelings of deja vu.

There are some other aura symptoms that are very similar to that of Benzo withdrawal symptoms such as the sensation of burning or tingling in the arms or legs, twitching or stiffness of muscles and the intense feelings of dread and fear. But again, these symptoms are very typical of benzo withdrawal and don't necessarily imply that you're going to have a seizure.

The risk of seizures are generally much higher in those who attempt to quit benzodiazepines cold turkey without tapering first. The likelihood of having a seizure during a gradual taper is almost as unlikely as somebody having a seizure who has never taken benzodiazepines at all.

So you can rest easy. You're going to be fine.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help.

The head pressure and hand trembling is almost an inevitability when tapering off Benzo's. It can feel overwhelming. The temples at the side of your head may feel like they're being compressed or pressed inwards. Some Tylenol/Paracetamol can help to ease the feeling of pressure a bit and help to alleviate the pain of pressure headaches if you feel one coming on. You could try resting your hands in a tub of warm water and add some Epsom salts if you have any. This may help to ease up any muscle tension in your hands and lower arms from the tremors and may even help to ease the tremors as well.

Thank you for your help.

The head pressure and hand trembling is almost an inevitability when tapering off Benzo's. It can feel overwhelming. The temples at the side of your head may feel like they're being compressed or pressed inwards. Some Tylenol/Paracetamol can help to ease the feeling of pressure a bit and help to alleviate the pain of pressure headaches if you feel one coming on. You could try resting your hands in a tub of warm water and add some Epsom salts if you have any. This may help to ease up any muscle tension in your hands and lower arms from the tremors and may even help to ease the tremors as well.

Fraz1990 is that your DOB exactly same as mine..

The feeling I described is happening on a daily basis during morning and lasts for couple of hours before it loosens it's grip. Your timely reply did save me from further panic attacks. But the buzzing sound in ears, chest pain, zaps, depression is still there. I wonder how long I can hold it, and sometimes brood of the possibility of not getting back to normal ever. I was contemplating of suicide few days back, after my doctor told that I need to be on this med for lifetime. Then just recently as I joined the forum, and found others in the same boat as mine, I thought to myself : May be there's still chance. And about my GP, he has always been abusive whenever I asked him for a taper, he's playing safe with his prescription and killing me chemically, morally, emotionally, and every other way, his only intention is not to make me free of benzo. He went ahead to convince me that this isn't a withdrawal it's the disease which is taking it's vengeance because you lowered the doses.