Alcohol question

[d7...]

Yeah I won’t be andros. I actually had problems with alcohol when I was younger. I would say I was boarderline alcoholic. Except I didn’t drink every day. My relationship with alcohol was very bad. So being sober is actually a good thing. It’s completely off the table so I can’t hide with alcohol when I go somewhere social now. It’s just me. It’s made me a lot more socially resilient but I still get a bit anxious but not like I used to when I drank. So it’s forced me to come out of my shell more. A very good thing x

I do miss a tipple tho. But I’m not gagging for it x

I’m just gunna say it. I miss my huge glass of red cooking dinner and listening to my tunes. And getting a bit sideways. Oh I do miss it

I think what I miss the most is having a choice. It’s not living

Yes!!! I feel this to my bones!

But after the setbacks i've had and sensitivities I still currently have I honestly don't think that I will ever drink again.

There seems to be a lot of people that say they will never drink again, but willingly take medication, or inject themselves with vaccines. I just don't get it. A glass or 2 of wine didn't do this to us! I for 1 will never take medication again unless I'm on my death bed, but I will definitely be drinking again.

[d7...]

There seems to be a lot of people that say they will never drink again, but willingly take medication, or inject themselves with vaccines. I just don't get it. A glass or 2 of wine didn't do this to us! I for 1 will never take medication again unless I'm on my death bed, but I will definitely be drinking again.

For me it's a matter of logic.

I normally don't pay a lot of attention to what's a "GabaA" agonist in terms of supplements (although I still avoid the ones with the most direct GabaA effect). The reason I don't do that, is because from all my reading, Valerian, or Passionflower, etc etc, are unlikely to cause someone to relapse.

Also I don't shun other medications, again, because they don't immediately cause people to relapse (Unison, or Mirtazapine, etc). Although I will definitely be far more careful with anything new I may need to take (researching it beforehand).

Alcohol though, seems to cause people to relapse, sometimes with just one drink. People that were "healed" take one drink, and then have another miserable 2-3 weeks because of it, or longer. For something that has zero value other than the taste.

The vax thing is quite another topic. I did not get any shots, but I have the Omicron now, and it's been 3 weeks, and the side effects are slooooooooooowly going away (I still wake up in the middle of the night with a slide splitting headache, and I've been having to take tylenol + some supplements or cannabis to go back to sleep). So it seems we get screwed either way: Whether we take the vax or not.

I normally don't pay a lot of attention to what's a "GabaA" agonist in terms of supplements (although I still avoid the ones with the most direct GabaA effect). The reason I don't do that, is because from all my reading, Valerian, or Passionflower, etc etc, are unlikely to cause someone to relapse.

Also I don't shun other medications, again, because they don't immediately cause people to relapse (Unison, or Mirtazapine, etc). Although I will definitely be far more careful with anything new I may need to take (researching it beforehand).

Alcohol though, seems to cause people to relapse, sometimes with just one drink. People that were "healed" take one drink, and then have another miserable 2-3 weeks because of it, or longer. For something that has zero value other than the taste.

The vax thing is quite another topic. I did not get any shots, but I have the Omicron now, and it's been 3 weeks, and the side effects are slooooooooooowly going away (I still wake up in the middle of the night with a slide splitting headache, and I've been having to take tylenol + some supplements or cannabis to go back to sleep). So it seems we get screwed either way: Whether we take the vax or not.

I know what you're saying Andros, but there seems to be more people suffering setbacks from meds on the board than from alcohol, yet it's this big taboo and a lot of scare mongering about it. Just an observation really, I find it a bit weird. Each to their own tho

Hope you get over the Omicron soon

Love this mare snd totally agree.

I know what you're saying Andros, but there seems to be more people suffering setbacks from meds on the board than from alcohol, yet it's this big taboo and a lot of scare mongering about it. Just an observation really, I find it a bit weird. Each to their own tho

I don’t see any harm in it. I had a setback yes, but I think it was more from the combo of alcohol and food. I had been vegan for years and then ate a bucket load of dairy and had a scotch. Maybe I just had a wave because I was due one. Who knows!

I will have a drink again one day. But at least when I do my relationship with alcohol will be very different. I cannot imagine living my life without another drink. A good meal and a nice glass of red is the best.

Plus being sober for the next 30 or so years. Urrrrrrrgh buzzzzz killllll

[d7...]

From everything I have read, people that have setbacks from other non-benzo (or non-z-drug) drugs, usually were on it for a while (months, or years, at high doses, usually in desperation to reduce the W/D sides, and/or sleep). I totally understand why they would do that. I was able to get away with using very low doses to help me, and hence I did not suffer sides anywhere near as serious. So for me personally, I think it would be a bit short-sided to reject all medications because one of them (which was well document to cause severe side effects, and yet I still decided to keep on taking it) messed me up.

I've been having to go full hog on Tylenols right now, for example, just to be able to cope with the Omicron (thankfully I am no longer getting migraines during the day, and the night ones are reducing in strength). I may also need to go back on Mirt for a few days, so I don't have to rely on supps and cannabis only.

But that's for me. I have no problem what others decide to do with their own bodies. At the end of the day, you are you, and you have to do what you believe is best for you.

[d7...]

I don’t see any harm in it. I had a setback yes, but I think it was more from the combo of alcohol and food. I had been vegan for years and then ate a bucket load of dairy and had a scotch. Maybe I just had a wave because I was due one. Who knows!

I will have a drink again one day. But at least when I do my relationship with alcohol will be very different. I cannot imagine living my life without another drink. A good meal and a nice glass of red is the best.

Plus being sober for the next 30 or so years. Urrrrrrrgh buzzzzz killllll

The biggest problem I have right now is my fear to industrial alcohols, like the ones I use to wrench on my cars. I had to replace the thermostat about 3 months ago, and I had to wear a respirator, goggles, and gloves to do it in a way that I wasn't going to panic. I guess my wrenching days are also over.

I have no idea how drinking alcohol will affect me. Maybe it will do nothing at all. Some of the Cannabis tictures I have are mixed with Propylene Glycol, and that seems to not harm me at all (but we're talking 1-2g of it)

• 2 weeks later...
This past weekend I  drank 4 beers total. One on Friday,2 on Saturday and one on Sunday. I can say that overall I felt ok but on Sunday I did feel inner vibrations and some mild skin burning that lasted through Monday so not sure if I should associate it with the alcohol. 30 months in recovery.