Author Topic: Alcohol question  (Read 5090 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Alcohol question
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 01:36:15 am »
Iím just gunna say it. I miss my huge glass of red cooking dinner and listening to my tunes. And getting a bit sideways. Oh I do miss it

I think what I miss the most is having a choice. Itís not living
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 01:41:37 am »
Maybe later you can try it again, [...].

I just didn't want benzos to rob me of EVERYTHING I used to enjoy for crap's sake. I was brought up in France, and drinking wine is part of the culture. As well, we live in a major wine-grape growing part of OR and I just damned well wanted to go back to rambling through vineyards and going to tasting rooms. Then COVID came along to make our lives complete . . . but maybe soon . . .

Ha.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2022, 04:11:11 am »
 NahÖ I think itís too soon for me [...]. My stomach issues are finally gone mostly so I donít want to mess with that progress. One day thoÖ ;)

Glad u can enjoy a glass again tho. The simple things right? X

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2022, 07:41:19 pm »
I suppose I could . . . but I only ever drank one glass with dinner, so I stick to that.

:smitten:

[...]

I used to travel quite a bit within Canada, and I remember when I would casually just drink a red wine with my meals on the flights. That ain't's happenin's now!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2022, 07:48:44 pm »
NahÖ I think itís too soon for me [...]. My stomach issues are finally gone mostly so I donít want to mess with that progress. One day thoÖ ;)

Glad u can enjoy a glass again tho. The simple things right? X

I would HIGHLY recommend that once you start improving, and once you start getting your sleep back, do NOT even think about trying any alcohol, at least for the next 2 years.

I also miss the occasional Bacardis I used to have, but I also miss my normal life, which I somewhat have back, but not 100%. My field of worth requires having a fresh mind to deal with the crazy IT problems, and the 100's of different technologies that are all intertwined to make things work. I'm not in a place where I can risk sleeping only 2hr a day for the next few weeks. I may never be there, unless I retire, lol, but that's like 25 years away for me.

And since I also got the stupid Omicron, I've had to dip down to my sleeping stash rotation again and am thankful it works for me, otherwise I'd be a wreck again (I am slowly healing, but what kind of flu gives you massive migraines, especially in the middle of the night?)

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 08:00:26 pm »
Yeah I wonít be andros. I actually had problems with alcohol when I was younger. I would say I was boarderline alcoholic. Except I didnít drink every day. My relationship with alcohol was very bad. So being sober is actually a good thing. Itís completely off the table so I canít hide with alcohol when I go somewhere social now. Itís just me. Itís made me a lot more socially resilient but I still get a bit anxious but not like I used to when I drank. So itís forced me to come out of my shell more. A very good thing x

I do miss a tipple tho. But Iím not gagging for it x

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2022, 11:42:22 pm »
Iím just gunna say it. I miss my huge glass of red cooking dinner and listening to my tunes. And getting a bit sideways. Oh I do miss it

I think what I miss the most is having a choice. Itís not living

Yes!!! I feel this to my bones!

But after the setbacks i've had and sensitivities I still currently have I honestly don't think that I will ever drink again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2022, 05:56:10 am »
There seems to be a lot of people that say they will never drink again, but willingly take medication, or inject themselves with vaccines. I just don't get it. A glass or 2 of wine didn't do this to us! I for 1 will never take medication again unless I'm on my death bed, but I will definitely be drinking again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2022, 04:20:10 pm »
There seems to be a lot of people that say they will never drink again, but willingly take medication, or inject themselves with vaccines. I just don't get it. A glass or 2 of wine didn't do this to us! I for 1 will never take medication again unless I'm on my death bed, but I will definitely be drinking again.

For me it's a matter of logic.

I normally don't pay a lot of attention to what's a "GabaA" agonist in terms of supplements (although I still avoid the ones with the most direct GabaA effect). The reason I don't do that, is because from all my reading, Valerian, or Passionflower, etc etc, are unlikely to cause someone to relapse.

Also I don't shun other medications, again, because they don't immediately cause people to relapse (Unison, or Mirtazapine, etc). Although I will definitely be far more careful with anything new I may need to take (researching it beforehand).

Alcohol though, seems to cause people to relapse, sometimes with just one drink. People that were "healed" take one drink, and then have another miserable 2-3 weeks because of it, or longer. For something that has zero value other than the taste.

The vax thing is quite another topic. I did not get any shots, but I have the Omicron now, and it's been 3 weeks, and the side effects are slooooooooooowly going away (I still wake up in the middle of the night with a slide splitting headache, and I've been having to take tylenol + some supplements or cannabis to go back to sleep). So it seems we get screwed either way: Whether we take the vax or not.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2022, 05:44:43 pm »

For me it's a matter of logic.

I normally don't pay a lot of attention to what's a "GabaA" agonist in terms of supplements (although I still avoid the ones with the most direct GabaA effect). The reason I don't do that, is because from all my reading, Valerian, or Passionflower, etc etc, are unlikely to cause someone to relapse.

Also I don't shun other medications, again, because they don't immediately cause people to relapse (Unison, or Mirtazapine, etc). Although I will definitely be far more careful with anything new I may need to take (researching it beforehand).

Alcohol though, seems to cause people to relapse, sometimes with just one drink. People that were "healed" take one drink, and then have another miserable 2-3 weeks because of it, or longer. For something that has zero value other than the taste.

The vax thing is quite another topic. I did not get any shots, but I have the Omicron now, and it's been 3 weeks, and the side effects are slooooooooooowly going away (I still wake up in the middle of the night with a slide splitting headache, and I've been having to take tylenol + some supplements or cannabis to go back to sleep). So it seems we get screwed either way: Whether we take the vax or not.

I know what you're saying Andros, but there seems to be more people suffering setbacks from meds on the board than from alcohol, yet it's this big taboo and a lot of scare mongering about it. Just an observation really, I find it a bit weird. Each to their own tho

Hope you get over the Omicron soon