Author Topic: Alcohol question  (Read 5093 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Alcohol question
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 09:09:13 pm »
Andros1. Please report back when you have tried an alcoholic beverage.  I also miss my social drinking of a glass of wine or two.  When I do try it, I will tip toe with a wine spritzer.  I just donít understand how drinking alcohol moderately can reverse all the time and progress made but definitely donít want that to happen!  Wishing the best when you decide to try this!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 03:52:27 pm »
I wouldnít say it eliminates your progress, at least it did not for me.  But I suppose it could bring on a wave if you drank too much.  Keep it at two drinks or fewer and you should be good.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 10:51:37 am »
Hello everyone. I have a question for those who have healed but still may linger around the board.

I had a short use WD off a Z-Drug Zopiclone. It took me approx 6 months to heal 90%. I am around 95% now after 9 months.

To those that have healed: Do you drink any alcohol at all? I gotta admit, I am missing having a Bacardi cooler once in a while, but if one cooler is going to send me back to months of insomnia again, screw that! I rather drink only water for the rest of my life than suffer what I went thru last year.

Would be interesting to hear your experiences though.

I am not a big drinker but I did have one drink last night before going to bed. It felt good. I enjoyed it and it did not impact me in any negative way but YMMV as they say. If it bothers you, then abstain. If it does not, enjoy but keep it under 2 drinks in any 24 hour period. Alcohol can and will cause other health issues if consumed in excess for long periods.

That's interesting. So you are still in W/D, but one drink did not negatively affect you?

I find I am missing a nice Bacardi cooler more than I thought. But I miss sleeping even more, lol.
Correct....I did feel the effects of the one drink slightly. It wore off and had no negative impact that I could perceive. I am unsure if I can post pics on this board, so here is a link to the amount of alcohol I drank. I took this pic with my iPhone prior to drinking.

https://i.postimg.cc/YCWRF2Tt/One-Drink.jpg

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 11:02:47 am »
I stupidly had a few beers last night. I'd basically had enough and just thought screw it I'm having a beer. Problem is it tasted fantastic and had another. Waiting for the payback now though, so not really worth it. I'm just so sick of this shit, and want some normality back in my life

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 01:25:00 pm »
I hear you [...]. I feel the exact same way. These drugs ruin your life in so many ways. They ruin relationships and cost jobs frequently. I have become basically a hermit bc I always don't feel well enough to do things other ppl are out doing and enjoying their lives. The only time I don't feel sick and unwell is when I am asleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 11:33:56 pm »
I was only on the z-drug for one month, and here I am, literally a year and 2 months afterward, and I'd say I recovered 95%. I can sleep and have no symptoms, but I have to watch my sleep hygiene like a hawk. I had to completely give up caffeine, and trying to diet just became 10x harder, because if I don't eat, I don't sleep (before I could go literally 3 days in a row with no food, and still able to sleep).

So maybe I will try some alcohol..........................a year from now? Maybe 2 years? Maybe never? I haven't decided yet.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 12:11:53 am »
I am going to start asking BB when they post success stories if they have had any alcoholic beverages.  From most posts I have read on alcohol, it is from people who were still in recovery and had results that set them back a bit.  Usually the success stories never mention alcohol so I am not sure if they got that part of their life back.  I do miss my evening wine but have found that I can now keep at my ideal effort without any difficulty so I guess I am getting a side benefit!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 12:25:04 am »
Usually the success stories never mention alcohol so I am not sure if they got that part of their life back.

I started small. A tiny glass of wine. That's how I got that part of my life back.  ;)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 12:51:41 am »
Thanks [...].  That is what I plan on doing when I feel ready.  How much can you do now - 2 glasses of wine perhaps?

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2022, 01:12:10 am »
I suppose I could . . . but I only ever drank one glass with dinner, so I stick to that.

:smitten:

[...]