Hi there!

[gt...]

I'm joining BenzoBuddies to discuss the journey of coming off this medication with others in the same situation. I've been prescribed Xanax of varying strengths over the past twenty years for the treatment of anxiety disorders. I recently finished tapering and in the second week of being free from the medication.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, gtheo!

Congratulations on finishing your taper.  That's a huge accomplishment, and I hope the feeling of being free from this medication is a good one.  I also hope your withdrawal has been smooth thus far.  Regardless, you are in good company here with many Buddies with a variety of use histories and at different points in their withdrawal and healing.  You will find a lot of helpful information and support here. 

Here are a few useful links to help you get started in connecting with others and learning more about what perhaps to expect after successfully withdrawing from benzodiazepines:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

The Ashton Manual

Additionally, it also really helps us all out if you will create a signature.  Here is a link to help you set it up: Please add your history/signature.   A signature helps your fellow Buddies to know a bit of your history and to see where you are in the withdrawal process so they can better support you.

Best,

Sunshine75  :smitten:

Hello GTheo, Glad you are here, welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I know you'll find the support you need for your continuing journey. Congratulations on your successful taper!

Be sure to let us know how we can help.

Cheers,

Kachina