Insomnia was the sole reason I got hooked on benzos

[No...]

Insomnia and anxiety are linked together, so I guess my dependence on Temazepam could be related to the insomnia (or the anxiety?)

Whatever, my main problem is now insomnia and the anxiety that is caused by not getting natural sleep. However, I do feel at least consciously that I have a lot less anxiety in my life (apart from the sleep thing) than I did 5 years ago when I developed the dependency. Perhaps there's some anxiety in my subconscious, I don't know...

As I attempt to taper myself off the tammies, I like to think that once I've gotten off them and I get my natural ability to sleep back, that my insomnia will go away. But will it? IDK.

I took Klonopin for sleep and then after I quit that I got all wrapped up with Ambien, I was always chasing sleep.  I can tell you that my natural sleep did come back and it's so restorative and deep.  It still takes me from a half and hour to an hour to fall asleep but boy, does it feel good in the morning, it's so restful.

I have insomnia on temazapam.  I wake up after a few hours or the middle of night and have to take 15mg more.  I tried that at 10 and it's 2 and I still can't sleep.  I am short of pills.  I have only 3.5 pills to last until Friday when I get my new script.  I want to get off temlazapam as it makes my eyes puffy for a year and causing premature wrinkles.

That's the way it happened when I was taking Ambien, I could only sleep for about 2-3 hours so I'd take more. 

You're likely going to have a rough week unless you can get more Temazepam, if you can't I suggest you cut your remaining pills so you can take a least a few crumbs each night until you can get another prescription. 

I took Klonopin for sleep and then after I quit that I got all wrapped up with Ambien, I was always chasing sleep.  I can tell you that my natural sleep did come back and it's so restorative and deep.  It still takes me from a half and hour to an hour to fall asleep but boy, does it feel good in the morning, it's so restful.

That sounds so wonderful Pam. Nothing makes you feel better than a good night of restful sleep. It is like you are all worn out and stressed from the previous day's activities and you wake up feeling refreshed and restored. This process"sleep" literally allows the body to repair itself.  :)

Pamstor thanks.  I know it will be hard to mKe it until Friday with three more pills.  I have to make sure I have at least have a pill a dY until I can get my pills on Friday because I have been running out every two weeks since January and when I run out I faint, throw up, and go to the mental hospital for panic attac ks  I want to quit as I can't take any more of this crisiss.

I'm sorry to hear that Dom81. What dosage are you on? I've been on 30 mg for 5 years and have tried to get used to the next step down, 22.5 but it's been really rough. Ever since I began to think I was developing a tolerance for it last month, I've been trying to reduce my dosage. I know that sounds counter-intuitive but I refuse to take any more than 30 mg in one night. The sleep deprivation is affecting my blood pressure and pulse rate. I have been fortunate to never have problems with blood pressure. It's very discouraging.

I have done some research and am thinking that perhaps in the Benzo community, Restoril/Temazepam is not considered as "bad" as the others, like Xanax, Klonopin, etc. I find very little complaints about it on this board, even though I learned that it's the 5th most prescribed benzo in the U.S.

For me, it's turned into an awful ball and chain and I want so much to break free of it and get my natural sleep back. 

I hope you get your natural sleep back.  I am trying to take half a 30 mg pill to go to sleep, but it's not working.  I might have to stay up all night.