Tool to eliminate Worry/Stress

[pa...]

had the opportunity in viewing a documentary of the brain.  Dr. from UCLA in So. California, (hate dr's) but he shared much.  He specializes in OCD, and related problems.  He explained, through his research, with MRI'S, what they have discovered, there is a  very small part of the brain, when worrying with stress/anxiety, a small part of the brain, the part in the emotional section, becomes physically very tight/hard.  What he found in working with OCD patients/high stress situations/with MRI's... he has had these patients repeat the following:

You tell your Brain:

WHAT I'M WORRING ABOUT IS NOT REAL.  ITS ONLY MY BRAIN TALKING. I DON'T NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO IT.

He explained, that in having his most severe cases of OCD/Stress cases using this statement, at every junction with worry... after weeks, the imaging in the MRI changed dramatically... that proved why each case had changed for each patient and made their individual situations to decrease dramatically.  It was amazing to listen to he and numerous patients in his care...  He has proved it how it works with the MRI's... and hearing the patients under his care, how their life's have changed, and what the hell they went through prior to this. 

Hope it helps.. Luv. Patty

had the opportunity in viewing a documentary of the brain.  Dr. from UCLA in So. California, (hate dr's) but he shared much.  He specializes in OCD, and related problems.  He explained, through his research, with MRI'S, what they have discovered, there is a  very small part of the brain, when worrying with stress/anxiety, a small part of the brain, the part in the emotional section, becomes physically very tight/hard.  What he found in working with OCD patients/high stress situations/with MRI's... he has had these patients repeat the following:

You tell your Brain:

WHAT I'M WORRING ABOUT IS NOT REAL.  ITS ONLY MY BRAIN TALKING. I DON'T NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO IT.

He explained, that in having his most severe cases of OCD/Stress cases using this statement, at every junction with worry... after weeks, the imaging in the MRI changed dramatically... that proved why each case had changed for each patient and made their individual situations to decrease dramatically.  It was amazing to listen to he and numerous patients in his care...  He has proved it how it works with the MRI's... and hearing the patients under his care, how their life's have changed, and what the hell they went through prior to this. 

Hope it helps.. Luv. Patty

Interesting post, Patty  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Patty for your post, and for sharing this information...this is very helpful. I may give it a try as I have been becoming more aware of when I wander into anxiety/worry and trying to re-focus my thoughts onto something more positive.

best,

- jan