Morning Anxiety

[He...]

Does everyone else here feel much better in the evening? From my experience there seems to be a direct link between those of us who have the morning anxiety, cortisol, whatever it is, and those of us who have evening mini windows.

Yep.  Last night before bed for about 3 hours I felt extremely calm and relaxed.  My wife and I watched a movie, I feel asleep right away at bed at 10:45.  3:45, boom, awake with 105 heart rate.  Half hour later it's down to 75 bpm but the damage is done- I'm awake for the rest of the night, with morning anxiety and akathesia starting around 530 or 6. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [An...]

• [Ac...]

• [Hu...]

Does everyone else here feel much better in the evening? From my experience there seems to be a direct link between those of us who have the morning anxiety, cortisol, whatever it is, and those of us who have evening mini windows.

Yes, I usually feel much better by evening.

Morning anxiety is THE reason I started taking benzos. I've had it since I was very young. My mother also has it. I dealt with it for years w/o medication, but it was always BAD, and sometimes debilitating. It was helped slightly by low dose diazepam which is how I got started on that. Problem was I never really took enough and didn't want to go up, so it just took the edge off and (obviously) created all the problems I have now. But morning anxiety a very real thing!

I started out having it really bad in the morning, then it switched to just a few hours before I go to bed at night. In the beginning, I would wake up in the morning with cortisol rushes and be in immediate panic mode, but mine also didn’t decline throughout the day either. It just was at its peak in the mornings.

Sorry Blue. I hope tonight is better for you! It's been about 3 weeks since I had a zero. I have had a couple 3's and a 2 but no zero's for a few weeks. Good, deep sleep for you tonight!

HM

Sorry Blue. I hope tonight is better for you! It's been about 3 weeks since I had a zero. I have had a couple 3's and a 2 but no zero's for a few weeks. Good, deep sleep for you tonight!

HM

Thanks Heart, I’m much better now and back in a window. 😊 torture is what that is

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all :)

I have the feeling of anxiety in the morning too. It usually goes away around noon. Before withdrawal I never had such states. So I definitely associate my fear with the withdrawal symptoms. I wish you a nice relaxing evening anyway!!

• 4 weeks later...

Sabitizer,

It seems to be a common thing for folks to have a cortisol rush/anxiety in the morning when coming off benzo's or when already off and struggling to get their body to acclimate. I haven't taken Xanax in 5 months, and I am still dealing with morning anxiety. 2 days ago, it was REALLY bad. Full on panic that lasted a couple hours. I hope both of us start getting over this chemical issue. Slow but sure.

HM