Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 2790 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2021, 07:12:01 pm »
Same here.
Every day after wakeup stress or anxiety, also derealisation, sad mood etc.
Most of the time it get alot better after dinner and further in the evening.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2022, 09:13:09 pm »
I am exactly the same. I am anxious and sad in the morning after I wake up. I lay in bed trying to self-comfort for an hour or so before I get up. I feel a lot better as the day goes on. My best hours are before bed. I still have some insomnia so I sleep better on some nights than others.

Hope you're having a good new years so far!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2022, 09:15:34 pm »
I have pretty much the same pattern, but not always waking up with anxiety, sometimes waking up pretty okish / functional, while the anxiety kicks in the afternoon (after taking the Escitalopram) and getting better after 9-10 PM, while at 00 I am almost 100% good.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 10:39:56 pm »
Morning anxiety has been a constant through my struggles with anxiety/depression I always wake up with fear, heart racing and it gets hard to get out of bed most days. One of the reasons I was prescribed a benzo in the first place. I usually feel much better and “safe” at night which is why I have trouble going to sleep because I don’t want the night to end and feel like 💩 in the morning lol

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2022, 07:02:22 am »
Morning anxiety has been a constant through my struggles with anxiety/depression I always wake up with fear, heart racing and it gets hard to get out of bed most days. One of the reasons I was prescribed a benzo in the first place. I usually feel much better and “safe” at night which is why I have trouble going to sleep because I don’t want the night to end and feel like 💩 in the morning lol

That's exactly me! I feel great right now! Optimistic and happy and it is 11pm. I am going to bed now. I hope to get at least a few hours of sleep as I am still battling insomnia. I know I will wake up with a cortisol rush and be anxious and have to spend 2 hours warming up to the day.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 01:47:01 am »
I thought I'm the only one who have anxiety only in the morning. I even suspect it was a side effect of the medications I take, but I checked the description on the online pharmacy site and didn't find this information there. I noticed that avoiding stimulating activities two to three hours before bedtime (watching TV, working on a computer, exercising vigorously, drinking caffeine) helps me reduce morning anxiety.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:05:30 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 11:40:27 pm »
Morning anxiety is horrible and continues throughout the day I sometimes get a little relief at night.  My anxiety and burning stomach/esophagus chase each other!
So sorry for everyone else struggling with these symptoms.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2022, 02:19:43 am »
I think a lot of my anxiety has to do with situational depression. I am on a trip to Los Angeles right now and I feel better than usual. I take trazodone for depression, and it helps some.

I hope my new gig helps me get over my depression. Being poor makes me depressed. I hope my money situation improves soon. I know that would help my morning anxiety a ton. I'm hopeful that my new gig will fixes the money situation. Having a boyfriend (I'm in LA, CA with him now) helps too.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 04:08:07 am »
I know some people experience their anxiety the worst during the night, before going to sleep, but for me it’s worse in the morning and gradually gets better throughout the day. I wake up with severe anxiety, a racing heart (checked a million times with a cardiologist in the beginning) and just racing thoughts of all the what if’s (I have health anxiety). Does anyone deal with worse anxiety in the morning? I feel like most people I talk to experience it at night, and what do you do to help with it

I am just like you are. The moment I awake, the anxiety starts surging through my body. It is always a lot better (less) at the end of the day bf bedtime.

I use meditation and light aerobic exercise to help me deal with it. The meditation seems to be more beneficial tho.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 04:32:43 am »
[...] said>>>
I really wish I was one of those people that could take Xanax for life and have no issues but I hit tolerance at 4mg a day and it quit working for me.

I actually wish this also [...]. I prefer taking nothing but anxiety and panic can make life seem unbearable when you can not control naturally. If you could take benzos and never become tolerant (same dose and effectiveness as in the beginning forever) despite the addiction component, I would probably choose to just stay on until I die. That is not the case tho. These drugs do become less effective over time and eventually they start making you sicker than you were bf you started taking the drugs. Very few if any of us here were feeling great on these drugs and out of the blue thought hey, I am going to stop taking these pills even tho I feel terrific and I am not having any problems. I would venture to say 100% of the ppl here were being made sicker taking these drugs and were forced to try and come off and hope for recovery.