Author Topic: Morning Anxiety  (Read 2791 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Morning Anxiety
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 01:29:31 pm »
Was one of my worst symptoms.  If I had a cortisol rush at 3am-4am, the day would always be a struggle.  I found vistaril worked well for me.  I usually wake up at different times during the night.  I started taking 10mg vistaril at 12midnight or 1am.  This seemed to help reduce the cortisol rush.  It seemed it would be much better if I could sleep till 5am or 6am without waking.  Or, if I could go back to sleep after the cortisol rush at 3-4am.  Also, I noticed my cortisol levels seem to be low in the early evening until 3-4am so I started going to bed at 7pm or 8pm at the latest.  It seemed I could get some sleep because it always was difficult after 3am.  Something to try.  Hopefully it helps.  Everyone is different.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 06:48:25 pm »
I go to bed at 9 because I live with my dad and he goes to bed at 9. The walls are paper thin and he gets up and starts banging stuff around at 5am, so I want to have gotten the majority of my sleep by then.

Often, when I wake up, I can feel the cortisol rush happening. It's like getting an IV shot of adrenaline. I hate it!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 08:55:10 pm »
[...], I feel like I could have written your post.  I'm just waiting on things to getting better!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 12:06:24 am »
I always feel better when I go to bed than when I wake up. Especially, if my anxiety is low. I have been getting better sleep lately but I still wake up with the cortisol rush and the anxiety. I hope it gets better soon!

For both of us!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 07:48:27 pm »
On my AWFUL days, it always is worse in the morning/early afternoon the evening it lightens up a lot and by bed time I feel sad the day has to end while I'm feeling so much better.

On my bad-but-not-awful days it tends to last until much later and almost not really fade at all.

Hope you guys have been seeing improvements!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 04:55:34 pm »
mine has a weird pattern --- I wake up and have like 7 minutes where I think I might be okay --- and then BAM ---
anxiety/fear/terror/agitation hit and stay with me off and on and there are like 'surges' during the day -- especially around 2-3pm for a few hours

then by 9pm things start to calm -- often by 10pm I feel a bit normal and so I stay up until 1am or so to be able to delight in just a bit of a window and then its back again --- I do sleep typically 6-7 hours as I am on mirtazapine at night
but sleeping doesn't seem to make my days any better -- every day is really really rough

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 05:57:04 pm »
My morning anxiety is directly related to the fact that I am broke. If I won Powerball, my anxiety would be cured. I have had a really hard life. I woke up again this morning worrying about bills and money. It sucks.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 03:31:22 pm »
Yes, I wake up in the morning, usually around 5 pm. with anxiety, tingling and nervousness and when I walk to the bathroom or kitchen, very dizzy.  It does get better as the day wears on and I am busy.  It seems worse lying down.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2021, 05:07:29 pm »
I was blessed to sleep around 7 hours last night but I woke up at 6am with a cortisol rush that was almost painful. I hope this gets better over time, as I get further along in my taper and jump.

I have PTSD and it contributes too.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2021, 06:26:05 pm »
You doing any better [...]?