Stomach, diaphragm, trouble breathing, slow hart palpitations. Any idea?

[Si...]

Ok heres the thing,

Before being on the benzo I was severely sleep-deprived and had stomach issues.

Now I have them as well periodically during w/d.

At least im not sure if its stomach:  Blown up belly, diaphragm on the left side feeling stuck like its harder to lower the muscle by breathing outwards.

Just below the rib cage on the left side I feel like a fist full of dull pressure thats not causing pain but rather discomfort I think that is my stomach.

It can get to the point that I get trouble breathing fully like this and have slow palpitation fo 55bpm.

sometimes when I do get to drop the tension on the diaphragm on the left side something bad happens (not sure how I do this, sitting up right changing position I feel the pressure usually lower) the feeling that I get is that my heart drops/ cramps or skips a beat im not sure which it is but its not good and frightening. so thats the bad stuff.

Stress is related and for sure the diaphragm and I think the stomach as well.

Does anyone know what im talking about? or know of a way to find relief?

Greetingz Sirdeepfry

Hi Sirdeepfry,

Recognize most of your symptoms.

The dull pressure below the left ribcage might well have to do with IBS.  I have that too (already had it pro benzo.)

You could have a look at info about IBS  on Google etc.

I had/ have most of your issues as well.

To get rid of the reflux, I lifted the top end of my bed by putting blocks under the bed legs. Works wonders!

Best of luck!

Trochsetter

Lo  Trochsetter,

thanks for the reply.

I sleep on medium level close to the open window.

I tried lifting my head before with a cussing under the mattress. How do you do it?

Just to exclude what symptoms translate under benzo belly?

Seeing sleep deprivation, stress while- and after eating caused constipation pre benzo.

I started to think why wouldn't that be in association with benzo withdrawal? seeing nearly the same is happening.

When the body is in fight or flight its going to keep the digestive system on hold for when you are relaxed.

With a full stomach thats emptying a lot slower or later then usual plus having a weak diaphragm its probably going to interfere with breathing space, especially when sitting on the couch with wrong posture.

which can make the workload more difficult on the heart I think.

At least thats my theory so far. cant seem to wrap my head around it.

Things I found helpful was getting the feeling that you are save. to relax after dinner as far as my kid lets me  ;D

eat around the same times no more then 1hour apart. which will go automatic after setting the bio clock.

use a good sitting position to work with gravity to help digestion.

Strengthening a muscle is done through exercise and rest, the diaphragm is no different. overall core strength helps as well with this.

But im puzzled Its a pain in the ass. and serious when it causes slow heart palpitations.

Think im going to the doctor tomorrow.