Finally medication free!

[Ja...]

Hello all,

Jumped off of benzos 2 years and 8 months ago but was put on Remeron to help with the severe withdrawal I was in. I used it at 15 mg for 9 months and then started tapering off the Remeron about 3 weeks shy of 2 years ago. Between benzo waves and the withdrawal symptoms from the Remeron itself it has been a long hard road. Well, tonight I finally took my last dose of Remeron and am officially free of all psych meds! I never really considered myself benzo free because I felt like I just replaced it with the Remeron. But now I can finally celebrate being free of Xanax, Ativan and Remeron! I am pretty far along in my Xanax withdrawal and no longer have exercise intolerance and push myself pretty hard on a regular basis without much issue. I work out in the sun for 8 hours plus a day sometimes at 100 degrees and am fine. About 2 days ago I started a little bit of flu symptoms which I believe is from the Remeron but who knows. It did not stop me from riding my bicycle for a few hours today and going hiking with my wife and son for a couple hours. I am worried about feeling a little rough after jumping here but hopefully any symptoms don’t get too bad or last too long. Either way I am so happy to be finally off and hopefully soon can report a full recovery. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way here.

I finally did it!

Jack

Jack,

That is good news.

Sounds like you didn’t have many physical symptoms. I have been exercising w/ intensity throughout my 3 year taper off of a slew of medications. One being Quetiapine 25 mg. At some point I just went off of it at that dose because it was so debilitating.

How do you feel you healed in the 2 years. What were your prominent s/x ?

I’m Day 11 post Valium jump so I’m happy about it but insecure.

Sounds like you are well on your way… exercising in the outdoors 8 hours plus is awesome. I’m picturing myself on a bike and I don’t have. I would love to get there one day!

Happy for you… I know how hard it is and you sound like you put in the work. I look forward to reading your success story one day!

HopeFull01

Jack,

That is good news.

Sounds like you didn’t have many physical symptoms. I have been exercising w/ intensity throughout my 3 year taper off of a slew of medications. One being Quetiapine 25 mg. At some point I just went off of it at that dose because it was so debilitating.

How do you feel you healed in the 2 years. What were your prominent s/x ?

I’m Day 11 post Valium jump so I’m happy about it but insecure.

Sounds like you are well on your way… exercising in the outdoors 8 hours plus is awesome. I’m picturing myself on a bike and I don’t have. I would love to get there one day!

Happy for you… I know how hard it is and you sound like you put in the work. I look forward to reading your success story one day!

HopeFull01

Actually I had just about every physical symptom. It is only recently that they have mostly subsided. When I first jumped from Xanax a few years ago I was barely able to walk. After walking a couple hundred feet my heart rate would go so high it would get really scary and it was hard to breathe. It was about a year before I could lift heavy items without significant discomfort and racing heart and palpitations. The first time I did a significant bike ride it was about 5 it 6 miles and it took me around 2 weeks to recover from it. Now my muscles rebound at a pretty normal pace.

[71...]

Congrats Jack!!

You should be very proud of yourself!

Best wishes for the upcoming days and weeks, may they be filled with sunshine and flowers.

Go enjoy your family!

I hope to be here one day!

Winnie

Congratulations Jack!  I'm not sure what Remeron is (OK - Mirtazepine) but I am so glad for your post.  I am healing from dual benzo use and muscle weakness has been profound.  I too am seeing improvements as I taper and wean, but I am much earlier in the game than you.  You have given me much hope.  When I jumped off an 11 year Clonazepam habit last year, I could barely walk too, and I struggled to breathe, and my heart rate and blood pressure were compromised.  I have this memory of barely making it up a small hill when walking my dogs.    Each time I cut I go through some version of that weakness.

What a journey eh?  But you prevailed - and I will too!  Thank you thank you.