I need you to remind me again .. please

[Sh...]

38 days off of Temazepam and sleep may be coming back just a bit.  Perhaps up to 2 to 3 hours of very light, broken sleep but I will take it over the many nights of zero sleep.  The way I measure it is on how long my nights are, and they seem to be getting shorter.  I find that OTC sleep aids, CBD, and melatonin do nothing for me as I just don’t have much of a sleep drive.  I find that the nights I do feel I get some sleep, weird but I am more tired than the nights of no sleep.  Perhaps this is due to an increased sleep drive?  I have also found that I am much more relaxed with not getting sleep and no longer dread bedtime as it is what it is and as they say, time heals.  Being retired takes a lot of pressure off of me.  I feel for all of you that have job and family responsibilities that  can be so challenging during this recovery time.  The app Calm really seems to be helping me.  Pretty much all of my symptoms are gone with the exception of good sleep but it is my understanding that often times, this is the last to be corrected.

Fellow sufferer, when you find out what works let me know.  I'm out on my feet.

Hey klon x last night I slept about 6 hrs but that was after zero sleep then 2 nights of 2hrs. But I took 1.5 unisom, cbd oil and melatonin. So I don’t know what actually did it, but it was probably a combo of all things. I don’t expect a repeat of it tho, it was probably a fluke. But I feel rested for a change which is appreciated.

I’ll take cbd and melatonin again tonight and see how I go but because I slept so long I won’t get my hopes up.

Good for you, Shayna.  At least you get a bit of sleep on your own.  I have lost that.  I may try melatonin and ambien tonight.  Terrified it won't work.  I hate to take ambien but it's my last resort.  Don't know what I'll to if it doesn't do the trick.  Melatonin plus remeron worked the other night but the next day was excruciating.  My best night was when I combined unisom and ambien a few days ago, but I've read that that's a bad idea.  I feel pretty hopeless because all these meds lose their effectiveness or are dangerous long term.  If only I could endure the sleepless nights long enough for natural sleep to return but that seems out of my reach.

Klon don’t beat urself up. If I was on my 80s I think I would probably feel the same.

How many hrs does unisom give u?

Has this bout of insomnia just started? What changed?

Melatonin plus unisom gave me 4-5 hrs but I don't want to depend on it for reasons you well know.  My current ordeal stemmed, I think, from stress caused over the past year by nighttime acid reflux, causing intense burning throughout my respiratory tract.  I had a lot of worsening interrupted sleep during this period and I think this led to my unremitting insomnia.  Ironically, the acid reflux symptoms have somewhat lessened recently and the insomnia now has a life of its own.

Before all this started I got about 6 hrs on my own.  Last night I reluctantly took 2 mg valium and 10 mg melatonin and I think I got between 2 and 4 hrs.  I can't be sure because I was in a perceptual fog.  I'm coining a new term for this condition - "aslake" or "aweep" - take your pick.

Yes I have nights like that too when I have no idea if I’m awake or asleep. Horrible. Last night was terrible for me x

I sympathize, Shayna.  I'm dizzy as  hell today.  I may try melatonin plus ambien tonight.  I dread it.  Tomorrow I see the doc who prescribed melatonin and remeron, which made me feel super dizzy and sick the next day.  I hope he can come up with something better this time, but I have my doubts.  The medical profession hasn't solved insomnia yet.

I bought some Unisom just now, at the grocery store to try. I got about 2 hours last night with trazodone, melatonin and CBD. I doubt any of it did anything for me. I was sleeping 2 hours on my own before I tried any of this stuff. The trazodone helps with depression, though, and that makes it worth taking. I'll try the Unisom tonight. The one with the doxylamine succinate in it. I also ordered some diphenhydramine HCI on Amazon and I will have that in a week.

Wishing you long, deep and hard sleep every night :) (me too!)

HM

I have not tried it yet. I'll try it after the Unisom. I know some people have really good luck with it. Are you planning to try it? Let us know how it works.

HM

I bought some but am waiting to try it until I'm sure the remeron is out of my system.  Taking both together is dangerous.

I tired Unisom last night and it did nothing for me. CBD and melatonin also do nothing for me. Trazodone helps with my depression so it's worth taking just for that.

HM