Dosing

[Ga...]

I have been tapering Klonopin for a little over a year now. I’m down to .18 mg from .5 mg. I take two doses a day, one at 11am and one at 11pm. It’s getting harder and I’m wondering if maybe I should dose three times a day. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Gamby32,

Congrats on all your tapering progress.

You could add a third daily dose, it's pretty easy to do with a liquid approach. But before doing that I suggest trying to hold longer at your current dose and stabilize. You may need a break from tapering to let your neurological repairs catch up before tapering further; you may also need a slower rate going forward.

How have you been cutting? By a regularly recalculated percent-based reduction, or by a fixed quantity (like 0.5ml) in a linear reduction?

I was using a fixed amount but is started to get harder and I am now using a percentage based reduction but it’s still getting harder all the time. It’s already been more than a year and if I go any slower it will be another year before this horror is over. What to do? What to do? Thanks

I was using a fixed amount but is started to get harder and I am now using a percentage based reduction but it’s still getting harder all the time. It’s already been more than a year and if I go any slower it will be another year before this horror is over. What to do? What to do? Thanks

So I understand you were doing a linear taper, which became more symptomatic. This is typical for linear tapers. Percent-based is more symptomatically consistent in my experience, but it doesn't speed up neuroplasticity.

What rate are you currently reducing at?

Have you tried holding for a couple weeks to improve your symptoms?

Hi Slownsteady,

I’m going to try, as you suggested, holding for a couple of weeks. Thanks for your help,