Is Kindling Permanent?

[Wh...]

HI Everyone? I think I'm kindling and am wondering if this is a permanent state. I can not seem to stabilize at my current dose no matter how long I wait. It has been 4 months since cutting my Gabapentin too fast and I am still in a state of distress everyday. I wonder if I wait long enough, will I start to eventually feel better and then resume my taper or am I stuck with this feeling forever? Please help! Thank you.

White willow, you was tapering the benzo aswell wasnt you ?

Then you holded your benzo taper and Your trying to taper gabapetin on top of your benzo wd thats correct ?

You should wait, im 5 years on lyrica.. at the beginning this drug took me out of being housebound and plagued by many sx.. i never reached tolerance

Then i reinstated (i dk why, it.was a poor life choice) and jumped again.. now im always thinking of i reached tolerance.. things are getting better but im always thinking if  i should updose ,wondering if i up my dose the bad sensations will fade etc.. im far from being ok  but slowly things are getting better and im holding on the same dose..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Deniz. I'm actually holding on my benzo taper right now. I'm just trying to quit the gabapentin because i'm on such a small dose and don't think it's doing me any good. It's definitely causing withdrawals for me even though i'm not lowering the dose. I know most people don't experience this, but i do! I was fine before i started trying to come off the gabapentin.

So, you're saying you didn't reach tolerance until you reinstated? That's what happened to me too. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I'm just having a very difficult time functioning. If i didn't have to work, i could maybe tolerate it. Thanks for the encouragement.

• 3 weeks later...

HI Everyone? I think I'm kindling and am wondering if this is a permanent state. I can not seem to stabilize at my current dose no matter how long I wait. It has been 4 months since cutting my Gabapentin too fast and I am still in a state of distress everyday. I wonder if I wait long enough, will I start to eventually feel better and then resume my taper or am I stuck with this feeling forever? Please help! Thank you.

I am in the same miserable boat as you. I can not stabilize on my dose after doing too much of it for 10 days. I actually think I will have to increase just to stabilize and the thought of that makes me sick. My brain feels absolutely horrible everyday since I abused it. it scares me.

Just a note about the gabapentin.  I've been on 1600mg for nearly six years as a substitute for an opioid I was on for spinal injury. I tried to lower the gabapentin way before I started my xanax taper...Had to updose gabapentin because it was difficult to come off and I was having profound insomnia(just as bad as benzos, now that I can compare the two), as well as super weird thinking, irritability, depression, twitching, etc.Gabapentin effects the CNS just like benzos do, so a lot of the w/d effects are similar, and my guess brutal for anyone coming off both.

Even though I want off or at least to take a lower dose of the gabapentin, I know i can't mess with that med until much faster down the road.  I would stay focused on the benzo taper.  Just my opinion .

Kindling happens after multiple withdrawals. From your signature you haven't withdrawn at all, so unless I'm missing something you aren't kindled. There's a lot of people throwing "kindling" around and people are scaring themselves and eachother. I have a family friend that has been to rehab 5 times to stop drinking. Each time his withdrawals got worse, eventually the last time he was having seizures. He is kindled. What you are having is withdrawals from multiple psych meds that is playing havoc on your CNS.

You will recover with time, try not to scare yourself with "kindling"

Im kindled,  but anyway, im on a gabapetinoid since my previous withdrawal,  after 10 months on not being able to take the bin of my apartment because of the crazyness and anxiety,  oneday i took a high dose of lyrica and it masked my awfull fear and crazyness , anxiety and toughts and all anxiety related kind of.sympyoms, so if it does.that its not a.easy drug go come off,

Whitewillow, anyway,.after 8 months withdrawing from benzos again, and this time i  was already on lyrica,.not like the previous that i was clean , this time i felt more "agony" sort of anxiety (even being on this drug, it did nothing to hold such awfull anxiety, and related symptoms) Last few days im having relief, im not being hit from all sides with anxiety,  i feel like im reaching a better baseline,  i holded my dose on 300 mg, i tought many times it could be.tolerance, its not, its only benzo withdrawal, i dont know how i would be doing without this drug, i know i would be worst it still does something (its good and bad) because i will not know, even after years off, if what i will feel withdrawing from it, will be from a stlll ongoing nenzo withdrawal or if it will be just from lyrica (gabapetinoid) withdrawal.. anyway white willow, you sad that you reinstated like me, while on gabapetin,  and you wasnt feelling any sort of tolerance with this drug, and you reached tolerance after reinstating and jumping,  probably its not tolerance,  its just how bad a benzo withdrawal can be and how much it mess you up, hold your dose, after having relief from your benzo withdrawal you think about tapering it