Author Topic: My taper progress - seeking guidance - Lorazepam  (Read 2055 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My taper progress - seeking guidance - Lorazepam
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2022, 09:26:04 am »
Hello guys and thank you [...] for your loving post.
its been a while I am checking in to say its going well.
am on 0.20mg lorazepam now for the night dosage.

My daytime bridge dosage is somewhere between 0.0625mg and 0.0312mg basically nothing.

I am nearing the finish line which im going to approach slowly .
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2022, 12:05:35 pm »
Its good to see you again, can't wait for that benzo free celebration and then on to your success story.   :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2022, 01:34:50 pm »
Keep up the great work.  So proud of you.
Bob

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2022, 09:25:55 am »
Its not going good at all, I have so much trouble falling asleep got none yesterday.
Not the speak about all the withdrawal symptoms
The pressure of this and other things in life is getting to me.

Time for a change of approach.
Ive finally gotten myself to actually unpack the micro-scale and do the calculations.

It seems I have been reducing my last ninja cut by 12%. the two steps prior to that probably around that same number.
Ive set it with a handwritten log now on 8% reduction.

Wish me luck.

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2022, 12:36:33 pm »
I'm glad to see you're going to change things up, tapers need to be adjusted from time to time so we can remain functional, you stopping and taking stock of your situation is the exact right thing to do.

I hope you see improvement and please don't be afraid to hold your current dose until things settle down a bit. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2022, 08:46:59 am »
Thank you [...] ! I was getting more afraid lately to hold longer, as my rational mind is telling go slow and steady but my emotion want to be done with it and makes me rush, this puts pressure on it aside from other pressure sources that I am dealing with.

Oh I did it!

Last night I slept from 3 o clock till late morning 10:30 AM, only waking up one time.

I was watching the 3rd pirates of the Caribbean movie downstairs.
I went up to the bedroom, as soon as I hit the bed, my heart started to beat faster, cold sweat, weird feeling in the stomach, clear signs and all too familiar ones. anxiety of sleep had set in, one that I didnt have for a long time. this time it wasn't the benzo. it was all me. and I beated it!!  ;D :'( tears of joy.
Im so proud of myself.
From what I remember I said a few things to myself.
This Anxiety will go away in 20-30mins, 1hour max. by itself it always settles in, you cant have anxiety all the time so you will get a chance to feel drowsie.
The vicious cycle of what happens next, what you are afraid of by falling asleep wont happen, this time, its not the same.
Per feeling I was trying to ride the rollercoaster of emotions from the movie that I was in to get me in a different state.
I watched these feelings from a side and was in a mental state in which they didnt or couldnt effect me as much.
Funny enough, I didnt have to sleep yet as I was just upstairs in bed and allowed myself to still watch something on the Ipad but I didn't, I took it head on.

What else? acceptance of the situation, which I sort of describe here.
Earlier in the day I did read upon this thread to remind of a few things: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235100.0
I think that helped as well.

Ofcourse this anxiety was an escalation by the night prior by which I didnt have any sleep. that was from taking too large steps in my taper process, the last cut being 2-3 days ago.
This I adjusted last night to 8% as my message above said and what [...] advises.

Now ofcourse these sleep issues are in a different class when it comes to the ones I had during my taper or from my metoclopramide incident.
For a chance, it just felt nice to have symptoms that where my own so to speak.
Beaten an old huge nemesis.

I still have tears of joy.

Edit: Content
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 04:19:59 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2022, 03:01:52 pm »
I am happy for you.
Also, thank you for sharing your story to encourage others.

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2022, 04:22:47 pm »
You're amazing, you took control and bested the drug, I'm so happy for you!  I used to talk out loud to my fear, I needed to hear myself say the words and it helped me break through it. 

You have power, we all do but its so darn hard to harness it when we feel like we're drowning but you took your power and used it to get through the night,.  :thumbsup: