3 Months benzo free - Completely healed

[Ag...]

People who have long lasting symptoms of benzo withdrawal, or symptoms caused by other underlying issues, which are exacerbated by benzos,

are the loudest voice in the community due to frustration. That's why I think me coming back and writing this post is important.

I have been on Klonopin (clonazepam) 6mg daily for 4-5 years, and had terrible symptoms from it. I felt sad, sick, nauseous all the time. I couldn't function.

I started my taper with valium at about 30mg and lowered every 2-3 weeks. Took me 2 years to taper completely, although I could have done it much faster, but the benzo community kept me scared of a fast taper.

The last 5mg were the hardest, but it only took me 2 months to get down to 0. The jump felt jittery, couldn't sleep, but that was pretty much it.

3 months completely off and I feel like I've never taken a benzo in my life.

Good luck everyone!

Agiex, thanks for posting this.  I have been off of Temazepam for 31 days after being only on for 21 days.  I am hopeful that I can write a success story in the near future.  About when did your sleep return as that is what is the most significant and lingering for me?  So happy to hear that you are healed!

Agiex,

That is an important story. We all can internalize narratives when we are frightened. I am very happy you feel good as new. I had no pre-existing conditions either, but during my 2 1/2 year taper and removal of drugs I have a slew of physical symptoms and some mental. This is Day 5 since my jump!

Your story inspires.

Sounds like you are good to go!

🦋HopeFull01

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for sharing this.  It’s nice to see that someone got better in a relatively short period of time.  I pray that we all get to this point also!!!