How did you feel after taking the covid vacine???

[Ma...]

Hello everyone,

I haven't taken any covid vaccination yet because I have always been anti big pharma. More so that my body is healing from benzos and my whole well being is dealing pain and suffering from withdrawaling 16 months and nowhere close to being healed.  My question is to those who took it and going through withdrawals, how was it after the 1st and 2nd shots and lingering effects after. I'm back and forth with my decision because my partime job requires me being in indoor ac areas in alot of different locations with alot of people and tourist out of state. There has been an increase of covid count cases by the week and with this new varient covid happening everywhere, your personal comments is appreciated.

I had first Astra Zenica shot two weeks with no ill effects whatsoever.  A few muscle aches and that's about it, and to be expected benzos or not.  Not even a sore arm. 

Having second shot in a month. 

It's a personal choice, but have no regrets, and feel better protected from this diabolical virus. 

I was really nervous about it tho.  But now so glad I did. 

I recommend you get the shot given your work situation. 

But again, it's a personal choice. 

[ad...]
I took the Pfizer vaccine in April and did fine with it, no problems whatsoever.  Like deadwoodgone, I felt relief knowing I had some protection and also knowing that I was doing the responsible thing for the community at large by getting vaccinated.

I got the J&J shot in early April bc I was nervous about it as I'm very sensitive to everything and wanted to be done with one shot.  I had 36 hours of intense flu like symptoms but did not notice an uptick in WD symptoms.  Just think I had an intense but normal reaction to the vaccine.  I actually started a better baseline about a week after - perhaps knowing I was protected was less stress, who knows.

On the other hand I just had a nasty chest cold (Not COVID delta - I got tested) and I'm in the nastiest post-viral wave.  I can't even imagine going through actual COVID.  I know the J&J shot is not as protective against delta variant so good luck with your decision.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I'm getting my first shot this Saturday. My job requires me to take it or I can be subject of being terminated. Im choosing Pfizer. I'm a State worker so our Governor issued a state wide emergency proclamation all State and County workers are required to be vaccinated.

Had Moderna, wife had Pfizer - felt a little sick after my second shot on Moderna, but nothing tylenol and sleep can't fix.  Wife had Pfizer and felt nothing.  For us vaccine went smoothly.  Just sharing our experience.

I got my 1st dose of Astra Zeneca on Saturday 31st. Not doing so well. From the second or third day afterwards some withdrawal symptoms came back with a vengeance. Muscular pain in almost full body, headaches, worsened digestive issues (IBS and GERD). Over the past week gotten better but still recovering. Since Saturday starting to feel a strange cold in both arms that hasn't dissipated yet. A first time. Never had that symptom before. Since it's been more than a week since i got vaccinated and it revived some symptoms hoping it will pass soon since i was doing much better before this. Kinda scared to go for the 2nd dose now to be honest

I had a bit of a sore arm after the first Pfizer shot, but really it was no worse than the annual flu shot. After the second I felt definitely fatigued as well as having a somewhat sore arm again, but I took a Tylenol, and it all passed in a couple of days. No big deal.

I'm a vaccination veteran. I recall having shots as a kid (my dad was in the Canadian Forces) to go overseas, and at five-year intervals -- and those made us feel like hell. Talk about sore arms -- we couldn't even lift our arms! -- fevers and muscle aches. The old TABTD shot -- typhoid A & B, tetanus and diphtheria. But we did it because we had to.

The Pfizer shot wasn't even in the same league. I'm glad I did it.

Hope this helps,

:smitten:

Katz