Author Topic: Day 2 of being Benzo Free.  (Read 460 times)

[Buddie]

Day 2 of being Benzo Free.
« on: July 23, 2021, 03:01:56 pm »
This is been a long road so Iím going to pause and celebrate this moment.
I jumped off at .5 mg of Valium. I had 65 days till an NP visit where I presume I was going to jump off then. I couldnít any longer put that little Valium chip in my mouth, and figured it would be empowering to make my own decision, instead of sheepishly asking my NP, ď
What should I do?.Ē
I guess Iím trying to think of this as the healing phase since for 6 years I was either in crisis, tolerance,
or acute. Put it this way, it wasnít Pretty.

Godís Speed all,

🦋[...]

« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:21:27 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Day 2 of being Benzo Free.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 10:32:02 pm »
Hopeful
I love the part where you are empowering yourself and not asking the NP what to do!  Thatís a big step and a part of getting yourself back!!! Sounds like some confidence to me!!!
Good job and you are the leader of our breakfast club
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 11:38:57 pm »
 :clap: Yes, lets call it the healing phase, I like the positive sound of that!  Congratulations, you are free, no longer a slave to a stupid little pill.  No more worrying if you packed it, if you have enough, if you can get to the pharmacy, no more hassle!   :clap:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:52:14 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 11:51:17 pm »
That's so awesome! You're right why drag it out?

Now it's only focusing on healing! Very happy for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 12:27:12 am »
Thanks everyone  :)

🦋[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 09:30:54 am »
I've had that same feeling when I decided not to take anything anymore. I was having anxiety and insomnia, but I knew it was to be expected and took nothing to make it go away. This gave me a sense of empowerment. It was my own decision and I felt more in control. I have good days and bad days, and it's very hard sometimes, but I am hopeful I will heal.

I wish you a lot of healing.  :therethere:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 12:08:49 am »
Thanks [...],

Hope you are doing well. I enjoyed your story.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 12:14:03 am »
Congratulations!!!  I am three weeks away from freedom as well!  Thank you for posting!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 12:25:25 am »
Congratulations! I am hoping there is nothing but healing in your future!

Take Good Care,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2021, 01:55:45 am »
SeaSalt and [...],

I have seen your names before and I thank you for your encouragement.
I still have the same s/x up the wazzo, but I am Benzo Free and
that was a big goal!

Wish you guys the best on your journey,

[...]