How many have gotten the vaccinations, and does it affect withdrawal?

[Ju...]

I'm still not sure if I'm going to get the coronavirus vaccine or not. I haven't read anything on this website about whether or not it affects post-acute withdrawal. Has anybody had any experience with it yet?

I have had the first shot and just felt tired. However it’s the second that seems like the one that affects most people.

I’d like to know too.

I've had first Astra Zenica. Second in 5 weeks.  Minimal problems.  A bit of joint pain, but to be expected with this vaccine in any case. 

How long ago did you guys get your shot?

I had the Pfizer shot at the end of May, but am going to have my second in the next few weeks.

Like I said, I was just a bit tired the first time around. Would like to hear how the second shot went for others.

I had such fatigue could not hardly move.  Cold, achy, coughs and wheezing. Arm somewhat sore.

And it set off a wave for me.  Took me about a month to get back where I was before vacc.

Anyone else?

Would like to get vac 2... I don't know....

JT: first of all I had the real deal last December and survived:) But it was rough.

Just had my first pfizer shot while in a wave. First 24- 48 hrs was like a truck hit, but then I improved from there.

Had some rough patches due to other things, but if they had not happened I would say I was good in less than a week.

You're way ahead of me so I think you'll do fine.

The shot was nothing compared to the real thing..... ;)

I had the J&J 6 days ago. I had a normal immune response for 36 hours, and I have had new anxiety/air hunger the last three days. I don’t know if the immune response triggered the wd symptoms or if I was just due. Either way, I’m distracting through them as best I can and know they will pass.

Got my first shot of pfizer after having the common flue 2 days prior. (not corona)

it went fine apart from my heart skipping a beat or something 1.5 hours after the shot. ( I dont care for the tiredness, sore arm or anything mild which was pretty oke too tbh)

Im aware of the inflammation it can cause but I think my heart dropping or skipping a beat was most likely due to the release of the anxiety build up.

It happened when I had a chance to sit at my old folks home.

I am vigilant about that for the next shot however I try not to be as it could be counter-intuitive.

4 days later I continued my taper and withnessed a lot of dizziness etc which probably is more due to benzo withdrawal.

getting my 2nd on 4th of august.

So whatever I experienced is more due to anxiety and benzo withdrawal.

it didnt effect the taper process apart from planning a window.

Its my best estimate of my experience that I can give you.

I approached this shot with mild anxiety its inevitable when you are in w/d that you got some anxiety about it anyway.

also note: I had some heart skipping a beat or dropping sensation here and there over the course of the past few months.

Best is to think that you are there save and corona is worse. think about the freedom you'll get and how much that will help you during w/d.

Having not to worry about corona will be worth it.

I had the J and J and I had very mild symptoms, it did however improve my sleep!  This was also true of another buddie here.

So I got my second shot yesterday of Pfizer..I had these vivid dreams full of adrenaline all night and kept waking up and felt nauseated with my heart pounding. Today is better so far. Will update and see if I develop new symptoms. My daughter had chills and deep fatigue the second day, so we shall see.