I’m scared this is never going to end :(

[Sh...]

I’m so tired. 3 days awake. Why? I did everything right, I’m so tired you guys. I’m devastated

I’m just really struggling and hurting. I’m trying to be strong but today it’s hard

Shayna, I responded to you on the sleep-tracker site.  I'm in the same boat as you, except that at 86 I'm running kind of low on resiliency.  But the only thing we can do is "keep on keepin' on."  If you learn of a short cut out of this mess let me know; I'll do the same for you. 

Shayna,

I know this sucks big time, but according to your signature, you haven't even been completely off 2 months yet. 

I know you suffered for a long time before getting off, but unfortunately it's going to take more time.  I don't know

how long that will be (and either does anyone else on this forum) but I know eventually things even out over time

even though it seems like you're permanently broken...You're not.  Sleep will slowly return, just wish I knew when??

I thought the same things as you did.  Especially after a night or 2 or 3 of little to no sleep. It seems hopeless, but it's not

This is "temporary" and it WILL end one day.

Hang in there.  If you made it this far, you can definitely keep going.  Better days ARE ahead of you for sure. 

I’m so tired. 3 days awake. Why? I did everything right, I’m so tired you guys. I’m devastated

I’m just really struggling and hurting. I’m trying to be strong but today it’s hard

I wish I had all the answers. I have only been tapering 3 months and the insomnia feels like forever. I cling to the stories bout how sleep returns and I want to believe that it's true. My last 6 hour night was in April and it was with the help of Xanax before it stopped working for me and turned on me. I still remember taking a 2mg Xanax and waking up a mere 2.5 hours later and, out of desperation, putting another 2mg tab in my mouth; NOTHING! I also (on another night) took ambien and it did nothing for me. FRIED.

I am grateful for my 3 hour nights becuase it shows my brain still knows how to go to sleep.

Shayna, I responded to you on the sleep-tracker site.  I'm in the same boat as you, except that at 86 I'm running kind of low on resiliency.  But the only thing we can do is "keep on keepin' on."  If you learn of a short cut out of this mess let me know; I'll do the same for you.

Oh my goodness x if u can do it, I’d better do it!

Have u tried unisom? I had one last night and I slept most of the night. That’s never happened before. Usually when I take them I might get a few hours if I’m lucky.

Shayna,

I know this sucks big time, but according to your signature, you haven't even been completely off 2 months yet. 

I know you suffered for a long time before getting off, but unfortunately it's going to take more time.  I don't know

how long that will be (and either does anyone else on this forum) but I know eventually things even out over time

even though it seems like you're permanently broken...You're not.  Sleep will slowly return, just wish I knew when??

I thought the same things as you did.  Especially after a night or 2 or 3 of little to no sleep. It seems hopeless, but it's not

This is "temporary" and it WILL end one day.

Hang in there.  If you made it this far, you can definitely keep going.  Better days ARE ahead of you for sure.

Thanks the way. It’s just unbelievable ur body can just keep going. After a few days I start feeling a bit wiggy and that’s scary.

It just goes to show a slow taper is no better in some instances that a cold turkey. Sometimes I wish I had just stopped snd dealt with it when it first started. I might be better now!

I wish I had all the answers. I have only been tapering 3 months and the insomnia feels like forever. I cling to the stories bout how sleep returns and I want to believe that it's true. My last 6 hour night was in April and it was with the help of Xanax before it stopped working for me and turned on me. I still remember taking a 2mg Xanax and waking up a mere 2.5 hours later and, out of desperation, putting another 2mg tab in my mouth; NOTHING! I also (on another night) took ambien and it did nothing for me. FRIED.

I am grateful for my 3 hour nights becuase it shows my brain still knows how to go to sleep.

Yep when I hit tolerance my dr suggested this, 2 rohypnol, 2 zopiclone on waking in night. Sometimes I still wouldn’t sleep even after that cocktail. I remember I took this the night before school started back for the year plus 1 temazepam, and I slept 2.5 hrs. Unbelievable.

When I think about how much worse I felt back then, I am pretty proud that I can get 2.5 on my own sometimes now x

Shayna, you're going to be fine.  You're doing alot more than other people or I was doing who haven't been off very long. 

Oh my goodness x if u can do it, I’d better do it!

Have u tried unisom? I had one last night and I slept most of the night. That’s never happened before. Usually when I take them I might get a few hours if I’m lucky.

That is such good news! I also remember you had a breakthrough a couple of weeks before where you had a few hours of sleep of I remember correctly? They may seem few and far inbetween, but it's happening Shayna! Your brain wants to do this.  :thumbsup:

Thanks girls x I felt completely normal today. No heart palpitations, eyes are a bit itchy but not sore, no anxiety, nothing at all.

I even went to gym.

Come on brain I’m ready to heal now xx 💋

Hi Shayna.  I responded to your other thread.  I'm still sleepless but I'm taking comfort from the fact that you had a good night.  Was it the Unisom?  I'm afraid to try sleep aids but if it worked for you I'll give it a shot.

[e1...]

Hi Shayna.  I responded to your other thread.  I'm still sleepless but I'm taking comfort from the fact that you had a good night.  Was it the Unisom?  I'm afraid to try sleep aids but if it worked for you I'll give it a shot.

May I ask why you are afraid to try sleep aids?

Well I hadn’t slept in 3 days, so I took 1.5 unisom and I slept most of the night. I woke a couple of times but fell back asleep. I have never slept that long after taking unisom so I think the sleep deprivation would have helped get me that much x I don’t take it every day. Maybe twice a week.

Eventually your body pushes you into a good "recovery sleep" after you haven't slept for 2, 3 or more days.  It sucks, but at least it's something to look forward to.

No recovery sleep for me so far and I've been essentially sleepless for about 6 days.  My pcp prescribed melatonin and Remeron; the melatonin got me only 1 hr sleep and I don't want to take Remeron.  I'm too old to take much more of this.  I'm out on my feet.

Did you just jump CT or finish your taper?  How long were you on and how much of a dose?

Melatonin doesn't induce sleep, it's a hormone that regulates your Circadian Rhythm

I was taking Remeron (aka Mirtazapine) and it didn't help me either

Eventually sleep evens out.  Hang in there.

Yes Shayna, insomnia is hard. It makes life not enjoyable.

I can sleep only with sleep aids.

I started tapering flurazepam thanks to a local pharmacy but I have to manage big cuts: 15->10 then 5mg. I try to cushion them with liquid Diazepam but actually it's not very simple.

I was fine with trazodone then bump! Two sleepless night in a row. I had to move back to quetiapine. 75mg quetiapine and 25mg trazodone give me 5h when I'm lucky. It's insane.