Does the anxiety just go away?

[Co...]

How does the anxiety go away? Will I just wake up one morning and realize it's gone or does it just slowly go away?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I knew. I believe I've definitely heard stories here of people having breakthroughs where everything gets better all at once, but some people seem to get better little by little. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

I'm definitely not in the latter group as I haven't made any progress on the anxiety front in years. I'm better than I was in the immediate aftermath of quitting, but I am far from healed and seem to be stuck.  Everything else .... the physical pain .... I could put up with. But the torture in my head seems unbearable.

• 2 weeks later...

Being new here (but not new to anxiety), I hope I’m not violating any rules about supplementation recommendations, but these are two supplements I use that have definitely helped lessen my anxiety:

True Calm by NOW Vitamins - a blend of valerian root and gaba.

Magnesium Citrate (400-800mg) by NOW vitamins.

I like NOW vitamins because it’s a family owned company based in Florida where their product is made, plus each year they report the amount from their profits they donate to charity. You can find their product on Amazon as well as Whole Foods’ stores.

I’m sorry you’re anxiety has been so bad, and I wish you peace in your journey. 🙏