In a stupid wave and covid shot is scheduled for tomorrow

[tr...]

I'm in a pretty intense wave today. Had a day or two wave last week too. My original vaccine was scheduled for one of those days but bc I felt so rough I rescheduled to tomorrow. Now another wave. I'm not rescheduling. I mean its not like we can predict windows - which would be helpful.

Having some "apprehension" bc of prior med sensitivities.

But then I have to remind myself I survived the real covid so nothing can be worse than that - right?

So much head pressure and muscle stiffness/ache. Had a wicked wave of depression hit me this morning, but that has become better thank goodness.

Other stuff too, blah blah blah.

So just need reassurance its gonna be ok. I'm not so much scared of physical symptoms...I just hate that psychosis feeling and akasthesia I've had in the past.

Bluntly I'm scared. My emotions are overriding logic today.

Trina,

The Cleveland Clinic posted that covid recovered people have a strong immune protection from the virus. Might be a good idea to wait till you are through this wave to get the shot. It's even possible that the stress from the idea of getting the shot could have put you into a wave do you think, maybe . If you're in a wave right now I would feel so bad to see it flare you up because you have been sensitive with so many things. I'm very sensitive to, so I know what it's like. I had to take Symbicort for this terrible asthmatic cough and I started reacting to that and it's just an inhaler. I only want the best for you. Just my two cents which really doesn't mean anything. Sending you love and hugs!

LiveLife

So it is about getting the first or the second shot, Trina?

Since I have read a lot of your posts my gut would say go more into the direction "doing things no matter what" and this wave cannot stop you, but that's just my impression and whatever you do will be okey!

I had my first shot when my body was in a pure condition and I got it because here you are lucky to get one. The first shot threw me into fatigue for about 3 weeks. The second shot, was easy peasy. 2 days of well.. if I had not known I had the vaccine I would have ignored it completely.

The emotions about the vaccine play a huge role.

If it is your first shot, you could postpone the appointment for another week, but if it is about the second shot I would try to stay in the time frame and not wait for too long..

Hi Trina - First of all I am thinking that you'll be just fine getting the vaccine.  You are further along than me and I got it in April and had about 36 hrs of flu like symptoms (not fun) but it passed quickly and then I feel like I hit a new better baseline.  I got the J and J shot - one and done.  I did not experience any uptick in my WD symptoms.

My other thought is that since you did have the actual infection, you could wait a bit longer.  Maybe have your blood checked for antibodies?  Natural immunity in my opinion has got to count for something, and I've heard where some Drs are saying if you did have the virus then you should only get one shot, not two.

Also I'm thinking that your concern about getting the shot is probably making your wave worse since stress is such a trigger.  Do what you WANT to do and then try to feel good about your decision.

[0f...]

Trina:

My first dose of Moderna only gave me a 2 day headache and some sore muscles.

The day before my second dose, I had a horrible histamine reaction that led to some brutal POTS symptoms.

I got it anyway.

The 2nd dose was a lot rougher, but again, was only bad for 2 days.

You can do it.

Hugs,

Winnie

Trina, since the Delta variant is very infectious and starting to run rampant everywhere I personally would go ahead with the vaccine.  You've managed a lot of stressful situations during withdrawal and recovery, I think you will be OK with this. 

PG  :smitten:

Hi Trina,i just wanted to send good vibes your way for whatever you decide. I also had Covid back in January. Im only 11 weeks off benzos so I'm not getting because we is so bad right now. Whatever you decide, stay strong.

Hi Trina.  I am sorry to hear about your most recent wave!  I had both of my Pfizer vaccines while in a wave, and I dealt with a few days of flu like symptoms which were uncomfortable, but I was happy to have gotten the vaccine.

I will be thinking about you tomorrow, and hoping all comes out well :smitten:

Hugs,

GG

[0f...]

Trina

Me again!

I just read that Mikhaila Peterson got covid again, this time the Delta variant.

She had gotten last summer in Serbia when she took her dad there for benzo treatment.

I will be thinking about you!

You’re doing the right thing.

Hugs,

Winnie

Trina, it's going to be okay!  I had my first shot shortly after that last big wave I had (ugh, that nasty one that felt like I was in acute again and brought all the back muscle pain for me, changing my baseline to more physical stuff:'().  I did fine with the shot and it didn't make the wave become more intense or anything.  The wave was going to do what it was going to do.  Please don't stress over the shot.  Easier said that done, I know.  I had my second shot too at the end of that wave, when things were finally calming down, and I almost backed out over fear of triggering the wave back again.  I didn't cancel though, and my wave didn't come back.  Both of my vaccine reactions were the normal reactions.  Waves are just going to wave.  That's what they do. 

Hugs!

My reason for doing it is mainly twofold:

1) living in the US and haven't seen my Canadian family in such along time. I want to be vaccinated so I can sprint across the border when it opens. I have aging parents.

2) I know my immunity from covid is tapering down soon and the delta variant is not to be played with. Logic says get the damn vaccine already. My husband is in a hospital daily. We are pretty careful but its inevitable he could bring something home. Soooo....

Wave or not I'm going. Come what may...Did I mention I start my cycle next week? Buckling in for the ride ;)

But many of you have helped calm and alleviate my apprehension with your experiences and insights. Thanks. :smitten:

Trina,

I understand all your reasons and makes complete and total sense. You have come a long way and you are further out now and stronger. I wish you all the best and I'm sure it will be fine. Much love and hugs!

LiveLife

Okay...so its 6 hrs post vaccine. The first hr was the typical ache, head pressure, some burning all over. Then the lethargy kicked in for a few hrs. Had a bit of a "toxic nap" (hate those...) so I forced myself to stay awake since. Some tinnitus.

But half an hour ago I forced myself outside and walked around a bit.

Don't want to jinx it but....not horrible. This is a cakewalk compared to actual covid. :thumbsup:

The true test will be tonights sleep. Just taking it slow today.

Keep you all posted:)

You got this, my first dose wasn't too bad!!

:thumbsup:

You will be here in Canada soon, at this rate!!

Winnie

If your PM doesn't open the border to vaccinated ppl soon I may need to throw hands with him!! lol

My parents were able to get their second vaccine, but they said the place they go too ran out of vaccine the other day and others had to wait for the new shipment - so the roll out of shots is having its challenges. And my 84 yr old aunt (who lives alone) had a fall and came to face first on her rug with blood on her face. They're all literally 60 in away - just theres a border in between,...and a river ;)

Girl I'm so over all of this!

Hope you are managing!!

[0f...]

Oh man, tell them to head up this way for their shots!

The GTA is swimming with them now, they have open clinics that you can just walk in, no appt.

I know they are so close to you, but seem so far out of reach!

That's like our Buffalo and Lackawana cousins!

Oh and our NHL cousin who was in Rochester, but now home here - getting married at Niagara on the Lake tomorrow.

We can't go, they limited the guests, which was good, as I couldn't have made it.

You will be here soon.

I'm hanging on by a thread.

I switched over to Valium - half way and got stuck, hate it, don't know what to do now.

I've spent a good time away, have to get oldest ready for Mac in the fall - Life Sciences.

Seriously, they have no idea how much stuff they will need.

So we've been getting that stuff together, not sure if I'll even be able to go and drop her off.  :(

It's not far, about an hour and a bit in good traffic. But I'm pretty upset that I'm feeling so crappy and that I can't spend any quality time with her. I lost the entire last 1.5 years with her and now she'll be gone. I know you know how I feel!

Anyway, I was going to send you a PM the other day, got too tired, everything hurts and the mind blowing headaches are killing me!

I sure hope the next day or two aren't too bad for you!

Hugs,

Winnie

PS, I sure hope I can meet you one day, it's not a far trip!!

Update:

No longer a cake walk...major immune response symptoms hit today. Its intense. Logically I know this will pass and a lot of it is inflammatory in nature. The simplest of things is so hard right now!

Sitting up to be on here is a job, but I'm trying to distract...

Still glad I got the shot, so don't misunderstand my whining. I am grateful for the science that can help us.

Winnie I'll PM you:)

Take it easy Trina. I had a strong response to the 2nd dose of Moderna but I knew that might be the case. I rested a lot for about 2 days, even though I was prepared, I still felt the side effects.  I knew what I felt was better then getting Covid and that I was protecting myself as well as those around me.

Feel better soon.

PG

Take it easy Trina. I had a strong response to the 2nd dose of Moderna but I knew that might be the case. I rested a lot for about 2 days, even though I was prepared, I still felt the side effects.  I knew what I felt was better then getting Covid and that I was protecting myself as well as those around me.

Feel better soon.

PG

Thanks for the love PG!! :smitten:

I'm in a pretty intense wave today. Had a day or two wave last week too. My original vaccine was scheduled for one of those days but bc I felt so rough I rescheduled to tomorrow. Now another wave. I'm not rescheduling. I mean its not like we can predict windows - which would be helpful.

Having some "apprehension" bc of prior med sensitivities.

But then I have to remind myself I survived the real covid so nothing can be worse than that - right?

So much head pressure and muscle stiffness/ache. Had a wicked wave of depression hit me this morning, but that has become better thank goodness.

Other stuff too, blah blah blah.

So just need reassurance its gonna be ok. I'm not so much scared of physical symptoms...I just hate that psychosis feeling and akasthesia I've had in the past.

Bluntly I'm scared. My emotions are overriding logic today.

Lovely Trina,

I’m so sorry you are in a wave.  So so hard when you are in the thick of it.  You are strong. You are resilient - you will get through this wave -just like you have gotten through a the other waves.  Iou are doing well. I know it doesn’t feel like you are doing well but you are.  I hope you’re feeling a little better today.  It’s going to get better & this wave won’t last forever. I know it feels like it will but it won’t,  make sure you are being kind to yourself.

Hugs to you xxx