Safe Use of Benzodiazepines: Clinical, Regulatory, & Public Health Perspectives

[Ms...]

On July 12 & 13 Duke University's Margolis Center for Public Policy and the FDA held a public workshop "Safe Use of Benzodiazepines: Clinical, Regulatory, and Public Health Perspectives" about the latest black box warning that our community worked so hard to get.

Dr. Christy Huff presentations:

Day 2, Session 3:Health Professional and Patient Advocate Perspectives – Best Practices, Experiences, and Concerns

Day 2, Session 4: Balancing the Benefits and Risks of Benzodiazepines

Full Event:

Day 1

Day 2

Everyone needs to fill out a complaint with FDA's MedWatch who is suffering from the adverse effects of benzo's.  I did.  The more people who complain, the better.  Here's the link to their site:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home

+1 for this! Thanks so much for linking it!

I was hoping there would be video of this event.  Thank you so much for sharing this. 

You are very welcome!

• 2 weeks later...
Where is the new black box warning? I filled out one of those reports like a year ago, and I haven't seen anything about a new one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everyone needs to fill out a complaint with FDA's MedWatch who is suffering from the adverse effects of benzo's.  I did.  The more people who complain, the better.  Here's the link to their site:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/index.cfm?action=reporting.home

Personally, my opinion is that this medication should be banned and production should be canceled, since it brings much more harm than good, in our country there is no control of sales at all, it is prescription with us, but it is freely sold without a prescription, as an alcoholic I began to sober up on  forum of alcoholics, and almost every second relieves withdrawal symptoms with benzodiazepines, that is, in fact, how many people still do not vkur and suffer, besides us who have already understood the problem, pharmaceutical companies make billions on this, since I know cases when people have lived their whole lives with this addiction  which means they bought a medicine and constantly replenished the pocket of pharmaceutical companies, I do not pretend to be true, this is just my opinion that the benefits of this drug are a drop and a whole ocean of harm.