Author Topic: agoraphobia support group  (Read 1094 times)

[Buddie]

agoraphobia support group
« on: July 14, 2021, 06:56:24 am »
hi my name is michael i am 34 years old and have suffered from agoraphobia since the summer of 2017
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: agoraphobia support group
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 07:26:20 am »
Hi Jumpman,
Agoraphobia is the pits! Ive suffered this terribly for the past 8 months whilst tapering.
I force myself everyday to leave the house... even if I walk to the mail box.
What do you find helps?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:16:18 am »
I developed a kind of agoraphobia mixed with social phobia, it feels like a paranoic feeling mixed with high anxiety,

Im housebond for almost 210 days (7 months) i link this as a defensive state because of my symptoms,  too much impaired mentally, my condition ( symptoms) improoved since acute, and Last days im having a kind of little break from mental symptoms and of 24/7 chemical anxiety, im not leaving the house yet, i Dont feel confortable enough, there is a possibility that IF i push myself t go out while im having Just a littlle break pushing Will end up Just flaring up my symptoms and worsening my condition, i Will wait t see IF its a New baseline or IF its Just a little break..

Being agoraphobic its awfull

Last attempt withdrawing from high doses of benzos forn 10 months it was terrifing to lewmave the house.. then suddenly i had relief of my mental conditon with lyrica, the whole ordeal of symptoms eased up with this another drug wnd the agoraphobia faded aswell,

I had this sort of reaction since my first experience with psych meds against my will, first time it was because of too much APs , AEds, after 2 months being medicated i spent 10 months stuck inside suffering mentally . I didnt took any meds since stopping ct all the drugs gaved to me   .. after 10 months all my mental symptoms faded ..  and i felt myself back..

Some time later i had another intervention, one injection and 15 days of this drugs , result was the same, from not suffering  and fully fucntional to disabled agoraphobic and suffering  mentally of a bunch of things ... this second time i ended up on benzos for relief..

Being agoraphobic because of mental symptoms and anxiety its awfull
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 08:21:51 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 10:57:50 pm »
Hi Jumpman,
Agoraphobia is the pits! Ive suffered this terribly for the past 8 months whilst tapering.
I force myself everyday to leave the house... even if I walk to the mail box.
What do you find helps?
hi [...]   thing that i found have helped is pushing the boundarys  like exposer therapy  when it first started i was stuck in my room for quite a while and benzo buddies suggested try leaving the door open for a little while a go from there  now i am about to go out side anytime  and even go to my grandparent house  on good days they live 2 houses over and across the street... i still feel as if there is an invisible barrier i can not cross  and when i try crossing it on my own  its all bad and i have to come straight back home right away

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 11:37:00 pm »
so to here that [...]    what do you do that helps ?  have your tryed anything other then meds ?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 11:53:59 pm »
Exposure therapy is key. Have you got anyone that can cross the road with?
Are there free support groups in your area? Or carers that can help you?

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 03:34:44 am »
so to here that [...]    what do you do that helps ?  have your tryed anything other then meds ?

Like I said the first time I healed, as my cns got back to normal I got over it ,
 Maybe this first time the exposure helped, but I got to a baseline where pushing wouldn't flare up my symptoms terribly... If pushing yourself doesn't make you feel bad because of a setback, then probably a little exposure is something to think about, since you have more time off, do you get a setback if you push yourself?

in my case, even the lack of caffeine from (yerba mate) that i got used to drink causes me a big setback, I had a little break these last few days, it's been 3 days a small break of constant chemical anxiety, I feel that I I can't push myself without ending up just exalting my symptoms and skyrocketing my anxiety levels

If you could tell me, after overcoming the agoraphobia of leaving the room, did you have trouble leaving the house? or you didnt had any problems leaving home after breaking free of your room?

From your point of view

Don't you think that overcoming wasn't mainly because your cns became more stable and your symptoms and anxiety levels eased to the point where you felt comfortable ?

do you think that exposure and effort pushing yourself played a role in overcoming it? 

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2021, 02:02:49 am »
@aussie    no to all the questions you asked......  and the best support i have found for the agoraphobia has been on here and friends i have met over the years on instagram  typing in  benzo withdrawal

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2021, 02:10:19 am »
Denisthekid     after breaking free from my room the next challenge was staying in other parts of the house  for most of the day.....  going outside was the next challenge for me i didnt fear going outside but leaving my property was a big step i was ok outside for the most part but just could leave the property  ..

overcoming it definitly had a huge role with my anxiety  not sure my cns played a role or not as i am still on the benzo.....   the cns plays a role when i get over stimulated  thought and that still happends from time to time with house lights and smells

i would not be where i am if i did not push myself with the exposure the more you do somthing the more comfortable your going to feel doing .... dont get me wrong i still have a long ways to go but from being trapped in my room i feel like i have came a long way   there is a ton of stuff i still can not due but one day at a time and one step at a time my friend

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 10:19:06 am »
Thanks very much for your input and point of view on it, i know how much is awfull being agoraphobic of leaving your own home..

In my case i see this sort of fear and axiety being chemically induced and being related beside of anxiety itself  to my other symptoms and impairments ( each one brings some anxiety and insecurity aswell)..    i cant see yet pushing myself to go out to solve it, maybe it will be when i reach a better baseline and mental condition aswell as my cns get more stable

Im still very depressed and still have anxiety , but the worst of anxiety from acute went away, it was asfull beyond what words can tell, i would yawn allday long because of too much anxiety..anxkety urges and akhatisia like anxiety..

Wish you the best