Author Topic: My retrospective guide out of the Benzo hell hole. Read if you need support !!!  (Read 3680 times)

[Buddie]

Thank you for writing your story and for the informative and helpful suggestions as well, this will give members hope.   :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I know itís a year later, but I just found this post. Thanks for sharing. I have bought the book and downloaded the DARE app.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

This is great, great advice, and I concur! congratulations!

[Buddie]

Very helpful post. Congrats on your recovery.  :thumbsup:

It is very hardÖmostly impossible to [...] for a walk when one of your main symptoms is ataxia episodes and boatiness. Against your own will, you just physically can not tolerate standing up or walking much. Itís been so bad for me in long stretches of time that I barely made the 5 steps from my bed to the toilet. I had to get a walker. It very very very slowly improved over months. Remained fairly mild for a couple of months ( no walker needed, began walking outside, taking care of myself as in can bathe in a tub, fixa meal etc) then BOOM! Out of the blue Iím right back having intense ataxia boatiness episodes. Highly frustrating highly debilitatingÖ.completely at its mercy. I couldnít [...] for a normal walk if I wanted toÖ.in which I do so badly.  :'(  My body just will not let me! Iíve tried to explain this to my family and friends so many times. They somehow think I can jusĒ shake it offĒ and magically get in my car to [...] anywhere at anytime. And even drive if I wanted to or just pushed myself harder. Oh my god!!!! I wish that was true. Itís like telling someone they can grip a pencil to start writing when all their fingers brokenÖ.ridiculous! Even if they wanted to, they physically canít. On the other hand, Iím pushing to see what I can do.
Some people have such physical symptoms that their hearts and minds want to do things but they physically canít. But I keep trying. I do what I can when I can. Accepting that this is temporary. Itís very crazy because I know that pushing through is the best practice but what do you do when you physically canít? Exercise is important in so many ways and it does help recovery. When I canít walk due to severe balance issues, I sit up on the side of the bed as long as I can and exercise. What happens next when I force myself????? I get rewarded with a wave! So frustrating. 😆
Then Iím done for the rest of the dayÖ.meaning canít do anything elseÖ.bedridden.
Your post has encouraged me to just keep trying but proceed with caution. To not let the failed attempts discourage me. Although the failed attempts are happening over and over. Keeping our body moving as much as possible prevents muscle wasting as well as improve circulation to the brain.

[Buddie]

[...] D, I see so much of the same frustrations I had through this process, but you my friend, you put words to this suffering while taking others up in their healing, thank you [...] D

[Buddie]

Iím 8 months benzo free and yesterday I started a terrible wave! Iím not in a good place, I feel fortunate because they are pretty infrequent, but Iím in a bad one just the same. I really needed to read this today. Many of the things you posted here are things I did in fact do and continue to do. Do you have any insight on waves? Why do they come?