Author Topic: 11+ months benzofree!  (Read 2043 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 9 months benzofree!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 11:08:09 am »
Whatever was done to mice for 28 days does not apply to humans and unfortunately nothing increases GABA, not Mirtazepine or even GABA supplements, if anything did, you'd have relief or even a cure for Benzo WD.  However there are no shortcuts, Rx drugs or "magic potions" found by Dr. Google that will shorten the amount of time someone is in Benzo WD.

Good luck!

I know there are no magic potions to benzo withdrawal. I've been here long enough to know that. But if you come and take a look in our Mirtazapine withdrawal support group you will see every one of those buddies will tell you that the Mirtazapine/Remeron did in fact help with the withdrawal. But once you have to taper it will be very hard just because it does cover a part of the withdrawal.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of us have had a hard time as it is with benzo witdrawal and what it did to the brain, i agree there is no easy fix, but you can't just scuff it off and say it does nothing. It did something and once we have to taper it is hard enough as it is and I'm right in the middle of that. I don't need people to invalidate that experience.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 10 months benzofree!
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2022, 02:43:22 pm »
Today is a day to celebrate. I haven't touched a benzo in 10 months. I believe I am healing, but the healing is not lineair. I'm so much better than I was, but I'm still not there. I still get waves, and I'm triggered easily, but the waves are not happening as often as they did and they are not as severe.

I've been tapering Mirtazapine, and it seems to trigger me, so I am in doubt wether I should continue that, like I was last month. But other than that I am definitely moving forward.

Reading other celebration stories makes me see that 10 months off is still very early and I can still expect a lot of progress. Let's hope so.  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2022, 03:05:54 pm »
This is a great update [...], I'm glad you can see your progress, sometimes its hard to find because of the frustrating non-linear aspect of our recovery.

Is there a reason you need to be off the Mirtazapine, if it were me I wouldn't want anything coming between me and my benzo recovery but if the other medication is causing issues then it makes sense.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2022, 03:12:00 pm »
I'm conflicted about this [...], to be honest. It's making me feel more tired I guess. I'm holding currently. I might taper to a lower dose and keep there for a while. Thanx for your input!

[Buddie]

Re: 11+ months benzofree!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2022, 03:27:16 pm »
I missed my celebration this month and it's because I feel more like myself, so that is a good thing. I'm still tapering my AD because of the side effects. My muscle stiffness, joint pain, fatigue, anxiety and tension it's all better. I'm not sure if it is because I am tapering my AD, or if I have more benzohealing.

I am not recovered though. I know it will take time, and all I can do is give it time. Scrolling through the stories of people I see that a lot of healing takes place in the first year, but I have accepted that it takes a lot of time, more than one year, to get to full healing. I hope I make it there one day.

I wish everyone who reads this strength to overcome this evil dependency!