9 Months Off CT - Severe Wave

[fl...]

Having a very severe wave right now which has lasted for 5 days.  Intense muscle burning and spasms mostly on my right hand side from my abdomen to my legs and feet.  Can also involve my arms and hands.  Hardly able to walk.  Very discouraging.

Anyone else experience these symptoms 9 months off benzos CT?

[8c...]
I am also 9 months off short-term CT and just had a bad wave. Mine is all mental though. Hang in there - we will heal.

Having a very severe wave right now which has lasted for 5 days.  Intense muscle burning and spasms mostly on my right hand side from my abdomen to my legs and feet.  Can also involve my arms and hands.  Hardly able to walk.  Very discouraging.

Anyone else experience these symptoms 9 months off benzos CT?

I had a horrific wave at month 9/10. Hang in there you will heal. Be kind to yourself in the meantime. It’s all going to be ok.

I was a rapid withdrawal, not a CT, but I can relate to the 9 month wave.  I even had some acute destabilization hit me again during that time; it was very discouraging as I had been doing better and feeling like I was getting somewhere.  Thankfully things improved again, albeit slowly.  It was a good few weeks for me before my baseline got better again.  I'm certainly not healed but I am in a decent place again.  Hang in there! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Think I am in this 9 month wave now, getting worse every day.  Was hoping it wouldn't happen to me.  Hard to hang onto the belief that it is a normal part of recovery and that it will pass.  Sure could use some encouragement and support from someone who has gotten through this and went on to heal.  Feel like I am in a downward spiral. 

Guardian Angel,

My 9th month wave unfortunately lasted nearly 2 months.  At 14 months off now, I have seen some better days since that 2 month episode and am now able to do a lot more walking and moving than before.  Had a rough few days with another wave this past week but overall seeing some improvement.

Gentle swimming and heat pads help a lot.

Here's to a fast and complete recovery for us all.