Kombucha/Kefir

[He...]

Hey guys, I recently tested positive for cdiff and the doctor recommended kombucha and kefir because they’re natural fermenters and have loads of probiotics but I’m a little concerned because they have traces of alcohol in them. Is it okay to take while taking lorazepam (currently tapering)?

I drank kombucha and loved it. As far as I am aware keifer does not have alcohol in it. If you buy kombucha there are different options. One had more alcohol in it. The other has hardly any. To the point that it is not considered an alcoholic beverage and can be purchased by anyone. My kids used to drink it and buy it when at the store at 13 years old. Just start drinking either one a little at a time. I started with a couple sips or a tablespoon or ounce. Then build your way up. Too much can cause unpleasant symptoms. My favorite brand of kombucha is GT's trillogy but I like most of the other flavors as well. Watermelon, gingerberry and ginger are others that are really good. Let us know what you think. I first tried it at my local health food store and did not think it would like it. Before you knew it I was loving it and buying it by the case. Just go slow to start.