This article is quite possibly the best description of benzo withdrawal....

[Ki...]

....without benzo withdrawal being mentioned once.

https://www.drlamcoaching.com/articles/adrenal-fatigue-crash-and-recovery-cycle/

And it covers everything from food to paradoxical reactions. Is this what benzo wd actually is? Just an HPA-axis dysregulation caused by various inflammatory responses that may have existed for us pre-benzo therefore making us protracted due to the stress of acute benzo wd? 🤔 Is this why people who taper often have an easier time because they minimize stress to the adrenal glands?

It'd also make sense seeing as doctors never find anything wrong with us -- ever and adrenal fatigue is often ignored by western medicine. It also seems like LOW cortisol is just as horrendous as HIGH cortisol.

Food for thought, anyway.

I’ve been diagnosed with this by a functional medicine dr, a psychiatrist (I know! Amazing he said straight up this isn’t a mental health issue this is burnout) and a naturopath. But the assistance given by functional medicine dr and naturopath was herbs on the bad list on Ashton manual which I did take for over a year during my taper and they didn’t help. Maybe cause I was still in but now I’m too scared to go back on them x

I’ve been diagnosed with this by a functional medicine dr, a psychiatrist (I know! Amazing he said straight up this isn’t a mental health issue this is burnout) and a naturopath. But the assistance given by functional medicine dr and naturopath was herbs on the bad list on Ashton manual which I did take for over a year during my taper and they didn’t help. Maybe cause I was still in but now I’m too scared to go back on them x

Ya it was the same for me. At the time I was just like, "OK..." and didn't really understand it. Was just sent home with some stuff to take to help ease it. But now that I've actually started to look into it I'm really starting to see the connections. It's fascinating. I'm wondering how much of this is really primarily a GABA/Glutamate issue. They definitely play a role because in adrenal fatigue your entire CNS is jacked and since the brain is like a table, if you fuck with one leg, the rest is off kilter. But I'm not quite so sure that it's JUST a GABA/Glutamate thing. Thankfully it seems like time can treat everything. But it also seems to depend on the severity of your case and what you do with your time. Proper nutrition, too.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a mess.  I did just have blood work and cortisol was high-ish, but normal.  Mostly I vibrate, don't sleep, have horrible fatigue and depression, muscle aches,  you guys get it I'm sure.

Burn out means cortisol problems?

Right now taking vit D and need to order a B methyl variety. Iknow some frown on B vites but I have to do something.  Ashton sure did not work for me.

The medical world only recognizes Cushing disease ( too much cortisol) or addinsons disease ( too little cortisol)

If ur cortisol was high but within range they won’t do anything about it because it’s not cushings high. I’ve had all these panels and it doesn’t achieve anything IMO. If u have methylation issues like the chromasomal ones (MTHFR) ur best bet is a functional medicine doctor. If not, like me, ur on ur own (without assistance from the medical world).

I’m so sorry Barbara I am really struggling too and have to get another panel done next week to rule hormones out again.

I’m in the difficult to treat category too. It is so very hard x